Auto-Refining

• Recognise a lot of "faces"/avatars on this thread as being not only helpful but consistently knowledgable when it's come to getting to grips with my Kemper, so I'll ask here :)

I've profiled one of my high gain amps with no issues whatsoever -- but now am starting on profiling a 2nd of my high gain ampa and can't seem to hit the ground running this time...! The Profiler continuously shows an error message along the lines of "no head attached or volume to low" .... Well the volume is higher than the previous head I was profiling and I've cranked it several times to make sure! At one point an error message cropped up on the Kemper saying "too noisy" ... SO ... I have my Boss NS-2 in hand here but am just wondering where to best place this in the signal chain:

a) between Guitar and Kemper input (active pickups but nonetheless same guitar I was using to profile 1st amp)

or

b) between the Kemper Direct Out and AMPLIFIER input (am worried it might affect the profiling process as obviously the Kemper is sending certain frequencies through the amp to profile in the first place - don't want my noise gate to disrupt that negatively in any way obviously...)

So I'm thinking a) ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Thanks for your effort dude! Sorted it now -- it was a grounding issue!

Back to the refining... A profile I've just done was a little flubby / perhaps over-powering in the low-end - is there any way I can adjust for this in the REFINING stage (ie. whilst not changing mic placement whatsoever or adjusting EQ on the Kemper)

deadpan mentioned above the M Wagner post (direct quote): "When you refine the profile, you should play the opposite of what is missing (just for a few seconds and you will hear it changing while you are playing, don't refine for too long) For instance, if it's lacking bottom or low end, play some high sounding chords."

ie. concentrating on playing the opposite content (druing the refining stage) to what is missing -- has this worked out for anyone ?

In my particular profile there is nothing missing per se just that the low-end seems to be a bit more prominent so don't know how / if there is a way to compensate for that in the refining stage... ?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack