Help with audio interface

• I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro24 which allows to do almost everything you need, and even more.
    4 input (2 XLR with preamp), 6 output, SPDIF IN and OUT, Midi In and Out. It's a Firewire audio interface, you might onsider it for a further development in your home studio. You can have the DSP version (which has a kind of room modeling for monitoring) for 399$ from Musicianfriend (i'm an european guy, so you might find better prices elsewhere, just take a look :thumbup: )
    I have never tried the USB version, but mine is very stable and sounds very well.

But if you need a more simple (very simple) audio interface you might look for the Apogee Duet (older firewire version), but it will cost even more than the Focusrite because of its great sounding pres.

• When you use an audio interface for playing along with computer/backingtracks - do you need an input for the computer aux, or does the computer play back through the USB/Firewire input?
    In other terms: Can I plug my Kemper into an small audio interface, taking up all input channels - then hook the audio interface up to a set of monitors and connect it to my computer via. USB, and then hear both the kemper and the computer through the monitors?

I hope you understand me correctly..

Kemper made me proud to go digital.

• When you use an audio interface for playing along with computer/backingtracks - do you need an input for the computer aux, or does the computer play back through the USB/Firewire input?
    In other terms: Can I plug my Kemper into an small audio interface, taking up all input channels - then hook the audio interface up to a set of monitors and connect it to my computer via. USB, and then hear both the kemper and the computer through the monitors?

I hope you understand me correctly..

Yes that works and that's exactly what I do here as well. The Kemper goes into my Scarlett Interface which is connected to my studio monitors and is set to direct monitoring. The Interface is connected via USB to the computer and over this channel the computer's signal (backing track in your case) goes out and into the monitors as well. This way you can play to your backing track.

Cheers,
    Markus

• Yes that works and that's exactly what I do here as well. The Kemper goes into my Scarlett Interface which is connected to my studio monitors and is set to direct monitoring. The Interface is connected via USB to the computer and over this channel the computer's signal (backing track in your case) goes out and into the monitors as well. This way you can play to your backing track.

Cheers,
    Markus

Ok. Thanks a lot :) .
    I was thinking, maybe you would have to buy a small mixer or something..

Kemper made me proud to go digital.