Putting a different Stack in a performance

• Hi stupid question maybe, but when put a different stack in one of my performance slots the name of the old stack is still visible. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what??

Thanks again guys!!

ps did a gig on sunday with my new Stage. Worked absolutely great. Was a bit scared somebody would spill beer on it, but other then that 10 out of 10. :D:D:D

• Yes, I have the same thing. A clean sound in a performance has been replaced with a profile I made of a Boss AC3 pedal.That rig is still showing the name of the other clean sound I made.

• In cases like this try to use precise terminology.

Are you really just changing a stack or a complete Rig or a profile and how e. g. via Rig Manager, via copy/paste …..

And which name are you referring to:

the names of the amp and cab

the name of the Rig

or the name of the Slot?

Perhaps this paragraph from the Main Manual helps:

Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

• Hi Burkhard. Thanks!

What I am doing is just changing the amp and cab in one of the slots of a performance. The name of the Performance is the same for all 5 slots. That is fine. But if you want to leave the effects and setup (volume pedal etc) the same but only want to copy and paste an amp and it's cab from the browser. You end up with the name of the old amp and cab. (probably the old rig you started out with.)

I do not want to copy and paste a whole rig because then I get the effects as well.

• I do the following:

In Browser Mode I bring a stack into focus with amp A and cabinet B and press COPY.

Then I switch into Performance Mode and select a Slot e. g. Slot 2. I bring the stack into focus and press PASTE.

Now I see the name of amp A and cabinet B on the stack page.

Rig Name, Slot Name and Performance Name don't change as intended. Amp name and cabinet name change as intended.

The Rig Name represents the whole signal chain and not just the stack. If your Rig Name is Marshall 800 and you paste a VOX AC 30 into it, you might need to modify that name. But Rig Names don't always represent the stack, could be an artist or a musical style.