Rig Manager - prevent auto sync?

• Hey gents. I recently did a factory reset and had only a handful of rigs and when I connected to RM it automatically uploaded all the rigs I had just erased.

Is there any way to stop the sync when you first connect to RM? I've tried looking in preferences, etc. but didn't see this option. Am I missing it somewhere or is this not an option?

• Hey gents. I recently did a factory reset and had only a handful of rigs and when I connected to RM it automatically uploaded all the rigs I had just erased.

Is there any way to stop the sync when you first connect to RM? I've tried looking in preferences, etc. but didn't see this option. Am I missing it somewhere or is this not an option?

when you log out with your credentials it cannot auto-sync

• Yes it will.

Thinking more about your original question I don’t understand though why RM should upload ANYTHING on your machine without you dragging rigs over from RM.

Well, I usually just right click on the profile, if I like it, and select Upload...which used to work fine.

I suppose I could try click and drag for now to see if it helps. The other way was just easier for me I guess, as I am a right click sort of person. lol

• Here is a guess: If Rig Manager was shut down by closing the window (as opposed to Exiting the program with a Menu selection) before it completed deleting the Rigs form the KPA, or the KPA was disconnected before the deletion was complete, the Rigs would still be on the KPA .

They are not saved to the head at all. RM crashes as soon as I select Upload.

• Sorry for the confusion guys please disregard my last reply. I have another issue about RM crashing in another thread and accidentally responded here.

Yes it will.

Thinking more about your original question I don’t understand though why RM should upload ANYTHING on your machine without you dragging rigs over from RM.

Exactly. It did a sort of auto sync once I connected to RM. I only had rigs stored on the head that I uploaded from the shard folder on a USB. Then when I connected to RM, I guess the head detected the other local folders with existing rigs and synced them to the head. Unless I had profiles in the wrong folder?

Here is a guess: If Rig Manager was shut down by closing the window (as opposed to Exiting the program with a Menu selection) before it completed deleting the Rigs form the KPA, or the KPA was disconnected before the deletion was complete, the Rigs would still be on the KPA .

Possibly. If they were still in the profiler folder then they maybe they were synced once I connected?