Any Vermonters Out There?

• I'm a KPA owner :thumbup: from northern Vermont, USA... I'm hoping to find other owners from my area.
    Anyone out there?

Welcome :)

I'm in NJ, but born in upstate NY.
    Had one of the best summers of my life rehearsing with a band in a rented farm house in Putney VT, back in 1971.
    I am a true Yankee, and I don't mean baseball ;)

• New Jersey? What exit? ;)

Rehearsed in a farmhouse in Putney heh? Where were you guys gigging back then?

Awww... now those were the days. :thumbup:

In 1971 I was attending Lyndon State College in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and playing every weekend in a house band in Sugarbush, (Waitsfield, VT) at a ski club called Gallagher's. I also worked in Killington (another ski area) at a club owned by my cousin called The Broken Ski.

When I think back to those days I can't help but wish I'd have kept all the amplifiers I owned then. If I had I wouldn't have been in the market for my KPA :D

Looks like by owning my KPA I might be on the "cutting edge" for Vermont... most everyone I've talked to have never heard of it... or if they have, it was only in passing and they never took the time to investigate it.

I'm really glad I got my hands on this unit. I can't believe how true-to-life most these profiles are... and that's coming from having owned and played a lot of the vintage amps out there... all the way from Fender to even a Japanese-made Teisco Checkmate. Haven't seen a profile from that one yet... but I'm sure there are some still out there!

I bought a Line 6 Variax to try to emulate a lot of the guitars I've owned over the years. I didn't expect them to be spot on... it was more a novel thing for me. I haven't been overly impressed... that is up until I plugged it into the Kemper. Man... the Variax really takes on a whole new life when played through the Profiler. Many of the Variax's guitar models are very convincing when mated with a convincing tube amp-sound.

Anyways... thanks for responding.

PS: Up in these parts when we say "Damned Yankees"... we are talking baseball! This is pretty much Bosox country!