RES - Rig Exchange System (A summary)

• OK, I'm starting a new thread for collecting our ideas about improving the Rig Exchange System.

Feel free to chime in, add opinions and discuss them. I'll keep this OP updated while the discussion goes on.

I'm afraid I won't credit ideas to the original authors... let me save this, it will keep things easier to manage with all the possible further elaborations, editings etc.

The RES will be the core of KPA's future, service-wise: the place that will decide for a great part of KPA's perceived usability and easiness of use and, ultimately, popularity. The easier and the more powerful, the more successful. Many people will be visiting the page before deciding to buy a KPA. They have to have the impression that this thing is easy, powerful, and gives access to vast possibilities (you know, the feeling of owning any sounds you want). I'd suggest Kemper to spend some time on it, and not consider it just like a minor facility.

What we have till now:

• Entries in the header: Rig; Profiled Amp; Cabinet; Mic(s); Author; Date(BTW, Kemper, From in the meaning of creation date doesn't sound good to me... mother tongue people would correct me in case); Originally thought-for genre (for example: Acoustic, Bass, Pop clean, Funk, Rock, Funk rock, Blues, Rock blues, Hard rock, HM Dropped 7+ strings); Guitar/PU used (Strato, P90, Semiacoustic, LP, Active); Level of gain (Clean, Edge-of-breaking, Crunch, Distorted, Lead).
      This system might take the place of a division by folders. For fields as Genre, Gain etc it might be advisable to give users lists to select from, not free fields: this would keep things clean and consistent.

• No new entry is allowed unless all fields are filled it.

• Possibility to sort the list by any of the entries.

• Possibility to set the number of items per page (20-50-100-200-500).

• Possibility to select a number of profiles at the same time: Select All, Select None Invert Selection, Select Range (like here, holding Shft).

• Possibility to move a range of profiles to the (personal) cloud.

• Possibility to download profiles from the personal cloud in a zip (or other batch format) file.

• Possibility for authors to move their profiles to the (personal) cloud, edit their tags, names etc and reload on the public space. Each profile has got a unique id, so the re-tagged versions will just replace the old ones.

• Possibility to listen to a sample from the author. This could be further enhanced by having generic, dry short samples of the various genres already on the server, and have the possibility to simply use them in loop while evaluating a profile in remote.

• Possibility to give own "like" to a profile (to be discussed whether users would be allowed to just give a single "like" or actually rating it). Valuation from users should take into account the genre the profile was originally meant for, and the guitar the author tweaked the amp for before profiling. This might prevent a death metal guy to dislike a profile meant for playing SRV with a strato, or the other way round ;) ).

• A field/page for comments, where the author and all the users could add meaningful information and tricks about how best using the profile (ex: "I turned the sag halfway down and doubled the gain, and my strat with Mama active PUs sounded gorgeous"; or "try it with a LP and a Dragoon C8C Celestion Neodymium!"; or "I put my volume knob barely at 1 and could play a great Slash on my LS!").

Feel fee to discuss! :)