Axe 6.0 has dropped

• That's awesome dude. I knew cliff was working on some serious shit but that's a game changer. One problem though - at real high volumes I can hear some numerical inter modulation on the vibrato notes. It might be the speaker on my iPad but I'm convinced it's a bug.

LOL! 8o

All modelers known to man 8o

• Dada: no need for poisoning comments here, we are all discussing (and disagreeing) in a friendly way. Please keep it at the same level. Radley is entitled to his opinion like everybody else.

I agree. Let's not turn this board into what Fractal forum has become.

• I think every guitarist deserves the right to getting over the top excited with the gear they own/buy whether it be a KPA or Axe-FX11, 11R, etc, etc.
    Fanboy is a good thing, it keeps the 'gear' industry ticking along...it's positive energy.

We should be happy for our Axe-FX11 buddies, we're happy, they're happy, nothing wrong with that.

KPA fanboy here. :)

Man, how I love you :)

• My earlier comment referenced the KPA as a total multi-effect, not an 'amp substitute' - that is where I feel it is still incomplete. I continue to have high hopes it will grow into a 'monster' with super clean effects and extensive routing. I understand the Amp Profiling is the main feature and it is done very well indeed - it's just that some of us would love to 'have it all' in one box (I believe that time is approaching), and that explains the differing levels of contentment with the product. Regarding the AFX 6.0 update, let the AFX users have their day in the sun - it's probably the biggest update ever by Fractal - I'm sure there will be some big ones upcoming for the KPA as well! :thumbup:

• My earlier comment referenced the KPA as a total multi-effect, not an 'amp substitute' - that is where I feel it is still incomplete. I continue to have high hopes it will grow into a 'monster' with super clean effects and extensive routing. I understand the Amp Profiling is the main feature and it is done very well indeed - it's just that some of us would love to 'have it all' in one box (I believe that time is approaching), and that explains the differing levels of contentment with the product. Regarding the AFX 6.0 update, let the AFX users have their day in the sun - it's probably the biggest update ever by Fractal - I'm sure there will be some big ones upcoming for the KPA as well! :thumbup:

Radley - man a very balanced comment. I love you.

That is much better.
    Me back to friendly mode.

• Haven't tried v6.0 yet (thanks to some european airline losing my Axe rack, on my trip back to USA ) but it should arrive today, and can't wait to try it!! i guess for now I'll keep myself busy upgrading the KPA to 1.0.8 and try some more cool profiles that the good people in this forum have uploaded.. :)

• I think every guitarist deserves the right to getting over the top excited with the gear they own/buy whether it be a KPA or Axe-FX11, 11R, etc, etc.
    Fanboy is a good thing, it keeps the 'gear' industry ticking along...it's positive energy.

We should be happy for our Axe-FX11 buddies, we're happy, they're happy, nothing wrong with that.

KPA fanboy here. :)

I never thought of myself of a fanboy but I see myself posting A LOT on this forum. These days almost as much as you! lol. So maybe I am a fanboy (at least in the positive sense of the word). I thought I might go crazy with jealousy and missing my AxeII when 6.0 came out. But I have just really bonded with the KPA, warts and all. I have a fear of commitment though so the KPA better not want me to meet its parents or want or a ring or anything.

• Tried 6.0 and got to say it's great. Had fun and was mainly playing and less tweaking, that's new with the axe. Hmm, KPA still needs less tweaking to be ready. The axe got even more complicated with the new features, even more knobs now.

• I'm happy for the Axe gang to see an update. I'm a fan of the Kemper. Consider it money well spent. Look forward to further FW improvements. The reason is that I own the thing and it's been all positive so far.

I can't begrudge someone of their excitement.
    8)

• I understand the Amp Profiling is the main feature and it is done very well indeed - it's just that some of us would love to 'have it all' in one box (I believe that time is approaching), and that explains the differing levels of contentment with the product.

This is actually something I happened to think of myself.
    I've also been asking myself why this should be, and IMO the reason could lay in the fact that the KPA has entered the market having the Axe as its main competitor (in the musicians' eye); hence the instinct to want it comparable.

But I think that Eng. Kemper has always imagined his new creature as simple as possible, and TBH I believe this will be his guideline for the future. I mean, I think the goal is not to take the KPA to compete with the Axe.

I'm sure the KPA will evolve in the time, but I bet it will never have the complexity of the Axe.

• This is actually something I happened to think of myself.
    I've also been asking myself why this should be, and IMO the reason could lay in the fact that the KPA has entered the market having the Axe as its main competitor (in the musicians' eye); hence the instinct to want it comparable.

But I think that Eng. Kemper has always imagined his new creature as simple as possible, and TBH I believe this will be his guideline for the future. I mean, I think the goal is not to take the KPA to compete with the Axe.

I'm sure the KPA will evolve in the time, but I bet it will never have the complexity of the Axe.

Excellent post. I do wonder what the feeling and perspective would be had the Axe not been around and set such a high bar. The Axe seems to be really the first box to "do it all" at the professional level. Yes, you had pod's, rp's, gnu's and the like before but there was really only the Axe before at this level. So is it fair to compare a product that has been out for a few months against a product that costs more and has been out for five years? That is up to you.

But the unfortunate truth is that you can buy the Axe and get all of the years of back development for free. That's just the advantage of being out in the market first. For better or for worse, it is the gold standard and the KPA competes with it on various levels. Now, Kemper may choose to compete on purely a tone or on ease of use or on price, but it's hard to say it's not in competition in some way. There is nothing that says that the KPA must compete on FX, but if it does not, you can vote with your dollars and buy another product.

• The kind of evolving I would like to see involves quality more than complexity - the quality of the Amp profiling & Cab emulation is already very high and unique! It's the 'trimmings' that don't really do it justice (various noise problems, aliasing, weak noise gate, weak stomp ODs). It's an unbalanced combination: A brilliant new approach to amp emulation, surrounded by inferior supporting components, making it less useful than it could (and I believe will) be.

• The kind of evolving I would like to see involves quality more than complexity - the quality of the Amp profiling & Cab emulation is already very high and unique! It's the 'trimmings' that don't really do it justice (various noise problems, aliasing, weak noise gate, weak stomp ODs). It's an unbalanced combination: A brilliant new approach to amp emulation, surrounded by inferior supporting components, making it less useful than it could (and I believe will) be.

Very well put. The issue lies more with evolving into its potential rather than competing in another product's paradigm. But the pace of product development is often a punctuated equilibrium, i.e., slow most of the time with the very occasional quantum leap forward. Even your favorite product has seen that type of cycle. And for many people it was not until firmware 11 that nirvana was reached. We are only at 1.08.