Pickup Comparison Video: EMG 707 VS SD Blackouts

• Just received my SD blackouts, installation was a breeze, very easy, though they were a slightly tighter fit. I also forgot to put back in some of the rubber padding which would raise the pickup height, so not exactly scientific, but I tried to match gain levels...

My overall impression is that tonally they are pretty much the same. I hear (and feel) a little less compression from the blackouts and they sound slightly more warm and natural, you can hear this especially on the clean pass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hD5HmQdKpA

• Is that a schecter in the vid. I've been wanting a 7 string. How do you like them?

it is a shecter Jeff loomis 7 string. I like it lots so far, though after taking all of the strings off to swap pickups, the nut where the strings slide into by the tuners fell off. haha. bad glue job? just positioned it again and put the strings back on. overall though feels like a solid guitar, and we setup pretty great from factory. my first seven string and not bad for an entry level guitar. I do however prefer the blackouts over the stock emg