Anybody having success with the Tapestry Audio Bloomery volume?

• Hi all

I'm the proud owner of a Kemper stage for one week and loving it so far. I also bought a Bloomery passive volume pedal in anticipation of its arrival. Alas I have not been able to get it working correctly. The issue is the sweep. There is virtually nothing until the last 30% of the travel. If I switch it to type 2 it is the opposite logarithmic curve as you would expect. I have tried connecting it as a volume pedal using the TRS splitter cable and setting dip switches to volume. I have also tried connecting a TRS-TRS using the expression/tuner connector and setting the dip switches accordingly. The results were slightly different but both far from useable. I have tested the pedal by going guitar-pedal-input and it works well, but this of course is not ideal.

I know these pedals are not common but are generally highly regarded so I'm very curious to know other users experience. Can anyone help?

• The PROFILER requires expression pedals, which are control pedals for digital devices. This is the consistent advice across all manuals and related video tutorials. Analog volume pedals can be used in the traditional fashion plugged between guitar and PROFILER input, which is much less flexible.

• Thanks heaps for the info. It did set me on the right track. So I set dip switches for expression, connected via TRS and from the expression/tuner output of the pedal. All good but the curve is still very unwieldy, but in a different way. Now it is either pretty much all on or all off. Type 1/2 doesn't make any difference. Is there a way to change the curve in the Kemper?

• I tried. I assumed you hold down the calibrate button and sweep up and down which I did but nothing changed.

If I am doing it wrong please let me know :)

Nope. Sweep to full heel, click once, sweep to full toe, click once. The manual is wrong on this one.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM