Looking for vintage LOUD, 'stressed' speakers in a profile, a la Hendrix, Bonamassa live.

• Can anyone point me in the right direction? Bonamassa's 2018 rig rundown at the Ryman captures it.

Most speakers profiled are articulating the overdrive.

I always imagined that the severe volume distended the speakers so they could not react to each grain of distortion,

but smoothed it out while retaining some grind. I haven't come across any that do that.

It's a 60's live characteristic.

Many thanks.

• That sound typically came from amps that were turned up all the way (or close to it), vintage output pickups, and using the volume knob on the guitar to control the amount of gain.

Listen to the higher gain Tweed and Plexi Rigs in the Rig Exchange, and in the Kemper Rig Packs.

What do you use to hear your Kemper? No matter what it is, if you play too quiet, playing dynamics will tend to be too hard, and that will lead to a compressed distorted tone, instead of an open, powerful tone.

• loud out of a PA is what I'm hoping for, since that will be the application. I know how to get it from trad amps/cabs. I'll keep looking. I was hoping the profiles would have the speakers already performing that way (almost overworked) in the profile.

Thanks, paults!