Sounds flat

• Hi Group:

Had my Profiler rack for years now, it used to be flaming stellar but I fear I may have nudged a setting or something.

Now it's sounding pretty flat and muddied - nowhere near as good as it used to.

Using Yamaha DXR-10's and nothing else for the moment - trying to cut out any other variables.

Still using the Ernie Ball white coily cord of doom, which I understand may be a little dampening but it hasn't changed either.

When using powered monitors - do you set the volume on the monitors in the middle, full up, somewhere lower? Wondering if there's a level problem somewhere in my (now very short) audio chain? I've heard nothing but good things about the Yamaha monitors. I don't recall changing anything on them except the volume knob position. (Had them at the center detent, just tried them at the 9:00 position to see if it helped - it didn't.)

Seriously - I ought to know better, but if y'all have a suggestion of an obvious place to check please let me know.

Thinking perhaps it's time to just blank the whole thing with a factory reset and take it from there.

Thoughts?

Best,

Ron