Recording

• Lol!!
    Sorry man, I'm everything but an expert when it comes to recording. I use the most primitive methods imaginable, myself...
    But from what I see, the guys will be on it soon!

On a sidenote: That "Dammit i'm maD" thingy would go well with my avatar! 8o

Put it on your pic somewhere...:)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Steve, I just listened to it.

First things first, I liked what I heard.

If you hadn't said that you don't like the quitars' sound e.t.c, I would mind anything in it. To be more precise, everything in the song (vocals, drum parts, guitars) could be intensively produced this way...to intensively sound this way.
    But from your previous posts I understand that this is not the case and you expected the guitars to sound more alive, more "in your face" and this is not what you hear from the KPA in the first place (weird, because what I hear is what it gets recorded, unless i misunderstood your comments)

Well, if that's what you want I think the reason is over-production in this one, that's why the guitars are a bit distant like lots of reverb and eq-ing. When I record my guitars (usually through s/pdif and rarely from the effects loop, when I use the G-system) are almost as they should be, non lots of post production is necessary, except sometimes a little eq maybe to let the some frequencies breath more. The rest (multiband eq-compression-limiter) are on the final mix.

I am not an expert, so I'm waiting to hear some other members' feedback and advice.

Keep rocking, mate! You have the heart!

• Thanks man, this song actually wasn't planned at all.. I plugged in the guitar, strummed a bit, found an old drum track I made with AD and didn't have any words, so it was all done in one take... and I left it that way as it sounded a bit like an old recording.. I'll have to try the spdif... do you mean you don't let any effects go onto your tracks to start with. I didn't mind the reverb sound on the "chorus" parts, but the guitars were pretty quiet in the rest and i didn't mess with the track, so the whole track got whatever I put on it, not parts of the track apart from the very end which I had to make seperatly (can't spell) so it sounded different to the rest... thanks for your input..

steve

ps. yes thats what I meant.. I don't really seem to hear the same tones when I play back... I ber there's sometihng I'm just missing.... maybe because the headphones and monitors don't give a true rep of the sound thats being recorded....

• No, I meant that whatever sound I start with in the Kemper (including effects) ends in my DAW. No difference.

If you are using your headphones to record, after you finish recording is the sound different, still listening through the headphones? Because there shouldn't be, it doesn't make sense. Unless something happens in between and that would be the Reaktor?

Hehehe... not bad at all for a prima vista take, mate, not bad at all.... :)

• Prima vista... I'm getting really confused trying to figure out which country you are living in.... you say mate like me (from the uk originally) but you write a little different ... I thought, Germany, Italy, or the US...

I'll have to check more with the headphones after recording a little...

thanks for your time buddy...

• and then there's like a bazillion Italians joining this forum every day!

Since they've heard that the Kemper is better than sex they are organizing "Chugga chugga" instead of "Bunga bunga" :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hahahaha....Shame on you :D:D:D

Live, i meant live, people :P It's late :P

No respect for a music genius anymore...I've had enough... I am going on tour and LEAVE you all behind, while I LIVE my myth and from now on I will only send my emails directly to the "Marie Claire" General Manager :P

• No worries, Steve, my pleasure really. I just hope we'll all help to get this sorted out.

Getting warmer...I do leave in the UK :)

Ha ok so I was on the right path anyway... I haven't lived there for over 20 years... getting warmer in Finland too, but very slowly.. it'll be winter again soon,,, :thumbdown: