Main Output just stopped working

• Paul here, first time on the forum

Hey people hope your Kemper is getting you through quarantine with style. I have a simple set-up of Kemper into Focusrite 2i2 and into Mac laptop using Garageband as Ive gotten into recording again after many years. I decided to try a Robotalk pedal in the effects loop. I had put my headphones straight into the Kemper to get as sharp a signal as I could while jamming. I hit on an idea and wanted to record it so I pulled out my headphones and put them back into the laptop, set up a new track but couldn't find a guitar signal. I tried the XLR microphone line in both inputs of the 2i2 and it was fine. So it is defiantly a Kemper issue. I have tried making adjustments through the output section of the Kemper but came up with nothing. I have unplugged the loop line and this has not helped.

Has anyone had this problem and If so could they help me out? The monitor line outs do work. Also I have not backed up the Kemper for a long time and it has performances in it. If I backed it up now and did a factory re-set of the Kemper, when I instal the back up will it instal the same problem?

Thanks people

• If the situation is caused by an unintended setting, the backup will include that setting.

You need to narrow in logically where the signal chain is broken.

Is there still a signal on the HEADPHONE OUT?

You have two MONITOR OUTS - is it a Stage? There is a signal too.

You need to check Main Output Volume and Main Output Source in the Output Section. The default of the source is Master Stereo.

You could also plug headphone into the Main Output TS sockets and should hear a signal on one side. If that works, you need to check the cables to your interface and the interface itself.

If there is also no signal on the HEADPHONE OUT while Headphone Volume is up, I would disengage the loop or simply load a Rig with no effect loop. You "unplugged the loop line", which will definitely cut the signal chain. So, I would expect a signal on any output with an Output Source following the effect loop in the signal chain.

• Hey thanks for replying.

yes headphone output works

headphones into interface with guitar plugged into interface works

monitor output works

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I've just turned to pg 2 of output settings (Output Volumes) and main volume was turned to 0! This is quite unusual though as I had not made any adjustments to this. I had been recording, decided to put an effects pedal into the effect loop to see if it worked but I removed my headphones from the computer and put them straight into the kemper as I didn't want any whiff of latency. It worked and I played for an hour then decided to record an Idea. I unplugged the headphone and put them back into the computer...no guitar signal and no signal to interface. Head scratching began!

Thanks for your intervention, appreciated and good to know help is on hand

• Perhaps you have not adjusted Main Output Volume individually on that page, but it's linked to the Master Volume knob. In that case it might follow Master Volume and maintain its volume relationship to other linked outputs. This way it could happen, that while you monitor through another output e.g. HEADPHONE OUT and lower linked output volumes via Master Volume, Main Output Volume gets "under water".

If you want to use Main Output for recording, you could unlink it from Master Volume and set its level once in alignment with your interface. And then use Master Volume to just control the volume of the HEADPHONE OUT.

Stage users can assign the LED ring of Master Volume to the relevant output via Volume LED Collar in System Settings. Default is Main Output Volume.