Getting the appropriate audio interface for Kemper

• Hi all,

I've managed to find a good deal on a Focusrite 6i6, which is great as it has SPDIF connectivity and I will be avoiding unnecessary digital to analog (and vice versa) conversion when recording. The only issue is that it's an American model, with matching power supply and wall plug and I live in Australia.

This might seem a bit trivial but the unit comes with a basic wall adaptor that Focusrite state should detect the variation in power from the wall and adjust the power going to the unit accordingly etc. But should I be worried about this change in power degrading/colouring the sound quality of the unit at all? Like introducing noise into the signal chain or anything like that?

Just cautious of complicating the signal chain unnecessarily. The model is discontinued/superseded so I can't purchase one in Australia with the correct power supply, I really only need SPDIF out of an audio interface as I already have a mixer I use for mics, hence trying not to spend crazy money for minimal use of all of the functions.

Anyone with a bit of electrical knowledge that can put my mind at ease would be greatly appreciated :)

• Hi lepappy , you should be good to go :) I'm sure other forum members will give more in depth explanations though. And if it happens to have a chance of degrading sound quality or adding additional noise, I'm sure someone will speak up and hopefully have a solution for you.

But from what you said about your setup and situation, it shouldn't be a problem and you should be good to go. Especially if the adapter is the one that came with the Focusrite, it should be designed to work in that scenario and solve the problem of varying power to the unit.

You could always just try it and see what happens. I doubt anything extreme would happen. If you try it and don't get any significant noise, then you'll be golden ^^ I'd say give it a shot!