Monitor Out - no sound...

• Hi everyone...

first of all I´d like to say hello. I´m Patrik, since 2 days I´m a very happy owner of the black KPA and this is my first post in this forum.

Unfortunately, when I used the KPA at band rehersal yesterday, I had some issues with the monitor out.

I used to play an Engl 530 preamp through a stereo engl tube poweramp an a marshall 1960 4x12 cabinet. I thought that I might keep the poweramp and the cab and use them as a monitor for rehersals and on stage when playing the KPA (via monitor out with the (√) Monitor Cab. off). Yesterday I didn´t get any sound from the Monitor out and had to use the direct out and manually disable the cab. simulation. This worked out ok and the sound was great, too...but it´s not what I had in mind and will cause trouble when I play with my KPA at concerts (I want to go directly into the PA with cab. sim. on and use the cab as a monitor, only).

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

On a completely different notion...

I´m a student and always low on ca$h... :S
    I´m partly refinancing the KPA with s€lling my old gear (my pedals and the preamp). I need something as a monitor, whether it is FR or not. Is it smart to keep poweramp and box or is it better to sell all that stuff at once and to go for something else (that is also affordable and maybe a bit more portable).

Any thoughts and ideas are very much appreciated.

Have a nice day you guys! :thumbup:

• Hi penatuna,

thanks for your answer. I am using the OS 1.0.8.7292, as far as i know that´s the latest version...

• Hi Stemast, hi schneidas...

Stemast Yes, I have. I was trying everything in the Output-Section...

@Schenidas How do I do it? (Sorry, I´m a noob ?( )

• Turn on the KPA while keeping the "system" button pressed.
    When you see "initialize..." appearing on the KPA's display, you can let go of the "system" button...

After this, it should work (let us know!) :)

• Thanks a lot!

It´s working now (at least at home that is...). Awesome!

Sorry to bother you even more....but do you know what Main/Monitor/Headphine Link in the output section is supposed to mean? ^^

• but do you know what Main/Monitor/Headphine Link in the output section is supposed to mean? ^^

You have those 3 separate outputs on the back of your KPA. When you adjust the master volume, you can choose to have all 3 different outputs affected equally ("link") by increases or decreases of the master volume or you can choose to have separate control over each output by *not linking* them.