Kone Linear Mode Question

• So I have an Orange cabinet loaded with 4 Kones. Obviously on gain profiles - putting the Kemper / Kones in linear mode with cabinet off makes the high end very fizzy - but the whole sound is also much brighter and the low end bigger. Has anyone decided to try and EQ/play in linear mode because of this or does everyone stick with Cab sims on?

• Are you applying the Kemper Kone functionality as described in the manual?

Is your Orange cab connected to the SPEAKER OUTPUT of a PowerHead or PowerRack?

Or is it connected to another external power amp driven by the MONITOR OUTPUT of any PROFILER model?

Is "Kemper Kone" activated?

If you now activate "Monitor Cab. Off" the Kemper Kones don't work in Full-Range Mode as you seem to assume but in Speaker Imprint Mode.

And if you think the tone is to bright, then chose anotherSpeaker Imprint.

• Thanks - it’s a powered head, connected via the speaker out to the cabinet with 4x12 Kones. Weird part is when I have monitor cab off ticked, and the imprints on, and I turn the cab button or cab in the rig off - it makes a difference. I thought it wouldn’t if monitor cab was off globally via that output tick.

• Thanks - it’s a powered head, connected via the speaker out to the cabinet with 4x12 Kones. Weird part is when I have monitor cab off ticked, and the imprints on, and I turn the cab button or cab in the rig off - it makes a difference. I thought it wouldn’t if monitor cab was off globally via that output tick.

if you turn the cabinet off in the Rig, Kone mode turns off the Imprints, and switches to Full Range.