[Recording] Kemper MONSTER Setup vs. ReAmp Setup - all in one possible?

• Hi there!

I´m trying to get a grip on all the routing options I have with my Kemper :) My question is quite simple actually:

Is there ANY routing setup possible where I don´t have to do cable re-work but can just change the input source etc on my kemper in order to switch between MONSTER Setup and ReAmping?

For all readers, this is the Monster Setup:

22.png

• With the SPDIF Git/Stack you're outputting a DI signal left and the stack signal right.

If you setup your DAW with two different tracks (left/spdif1 and right/spdif2) and then configure the spdif1 to send its signal back to the Kemper (in Reaper I have to add an Audio Hardware Output to the track and then choose the SPDIF connection there) then it should work. Just set your Kemper input to S/PDIF Input Reamp and play the DI track in your DAW.

Don't forget to set your interface as the SPDIF master.

That being said, I am not an expert so I may have read your question wrong. I simply use a setup that works for me (pure spdif recording and reamping but no distinction between effect tracks like you have). The manual does have some good info regarding reamping and how to deal with levels and latency.

• If you setup your DAW with two different tracks (left/spdif1 and right/spdif2) and then configure the spdif1 to send it's signal back to the Kemper (in Reaper I have to add an Audio Hardware Output to the track and then choose the SPDIF connection there) then it should work.

Hey yanniskj! thanks a lot for your reply!

Totally makes sense - and thanks for even adding what to do within reaper, as that´s my main DAW too ;) I will try it out in a few days and get back to you to tell if it worked!

• Hey yanniskj! thanks a lot for your reply!

Totally makes sense - and thanks for even adding what to do within reaper, as that´s my main DAW too ;) I will try it out in a few days and get back to you to tell if it worked!

All right, good luck! Let me know if you get stuck and I'll take some screenshots of my setup.