Tuner offset!

• My #1 feature request is a 1/2 step chromatically adjustable offset tuner. The Digitech GSP1101 has it for example. One where if your sounding string note is Eb it reads E on the tuner instead of D#. Great for people that detune 1/2 step like Kiss, Van halen & myself I wouldn't think this would be too tough.....

• E = Fb that's the realtivty Theory

In pratical terms I have specifics guitars for the 1/2 step down tuning and when I have to adjust them it's just a matter of cents,

I never have to check the name of the note ..

.. honesly I don't even look at the Name of the Note, I know what string I'm striking;

it's just to slightly adjust the pitch and fix that f* Bubble in the middle of two Damned Bars!

but yes I wouldn't be bad to have an option on tuner's settings menu page where you can choose if you prefer to have notes in flat or in sharp names.

+1

• If you are on a big stage in front of 6,000 people, and if you knock your guitar out farther than 1/2 step, not looking at the note name could be a real embarrassment to say the least when you quickly are firing through a set list. If the tuner is muted, you can't hear if you are on with room noise and you're not allowed to twang on your string tuning like jamming in the garage. I am actually talking about offsetting the entire grid, We tune 1/2 step down but If I hit my E string I would like the tuner to read E,A.D etc. It's not a matter of sharp and flat notes but that the note names "read" 1/2 step higher than they actually are. Many tuners do this including my $12.00 Korg.

• My digitech 1101 lets you put this into the unit globally, so even the harmonizer recognizes it so you don't have to transpose when using harmonizer functions. I LOVED that about that unit. Even though it wasn't the actual pitch, if you played an "E" scale on your guitar, you could set the harmonizer for a harmony in E and it would be correct. Since I tune 1/2 step down, it makes figuring user scales even tougher because you have to transpose everything or write it out.

My #1 request would also include that the unit see that globally, so the harmonizer recognizes that too. Digitech GSP1101 as an example.