First time out with the KPA

• Did 6 songs in the band at church this morning. It all sounded great (tone wise, at least).

I used my Brian Moore i2.13 through my Roland VG-99 for instrument modeling (I played a 12-string acoustic, 6-string acoustic with synth pad, Rickenbacker 12, a couple of different Strats, a Les Paul and also mixed in the mag & piezo pickups from my Brian Moore i2.13. I used a couple of the stock KPA profiles and some of the user-submitted ones, too (I used Bill Ruppert's Rockman profile -- we were doing an '80s tune so it seemed appropriate, Malloy's Koch Crunch and Andy44's Vox TB, I'd have to go look to remember which others though I'm sure there was a Recto in there, too). I use lots of different sounds: after using Roland VG stuff since the late '90s I am addicted to having the sound I want whenever I want it and I don't find it strange at all to play a Rick, a LP and an acoustic guitar all on the same song live.

I'm running everything through a MOTU 828 using Mainstage on my MacBook Pro and using a Roland FC-300 foot controller. I also have a cheap set of wireless IEMs. I was using the digital I/O both ways between the KPA & the 828 and running the main outs of the VG-99 through the 828 to either the KPA (for electric) or direct to the PA (for acoustic). I also had the mag & piezo signals running into the Hi-Z inputs on the front of the 828. We all run straight to the board (except for the drummer, who is safely enclosed in a plexi box) and use IEMs. Zero stage volume.

I did notice the noise problem that the newest beta is supposed to fix, but I guess it won't be a problem anymore. ;)