Stereo for on stage monitors

• If the DIRECT OUT/SEND is blocked in its effect loop capacity, you cannot configure the MONITOR OUT to be stereo. But you could use the MAIN OUT to drive the stage monitors. And if MAIN OUT is also used and you cannot leverage the S/PDIF OUT you could consider the HEADPHONE OUT to drive your stage monitors.

This applies to classical PROFILER models. The Stage offers more outputs. While the MONITOR OUTPUT is stereo by default, you have two effect loops, both with stereo returns.

• The manual says that if I select monitor stereo, I can use the monitor output PLUS the direct output, to send it to my external stereo poweramp and utilize the KPA stereo effects fully panned to right or left.

Make sense?

But in another post I read that this method will stop me from using my stereo Gmajor2 in the KPA effects loop.

Does that make sense?

• Hi, KellyMidiMurphy.

The DIRECT OUTPUT can do several things, but it can serve only one purpose at a time.

It can't be both - Effect Send AND Monitor Right output at the same time.

If the G Major 2 and Stereo monitoring are non-negotiable, the Kemper Stage has enough Inputs and Outputs to accommodate both.

It's been a long time since I used a TC G Major. If you tell us how you are using yours, some folks here can tell you if you can replicate that in the Kemper Profiler.

• ST

Thank you ST.

The back panel you show above is the Stage while I have the unpowered rack. The stage has greatly improved stereo capability. But, I did not choose the stage model because of the mess of cords coming back to my rack that has my amp, effects, power-conditioner, etc. Also, if I need to make any changes to the KPA during a live set or in the middle of a song, it is very inconvenient to squat down and twist knobs.

So back to my original question:

On my unpowered rack, I can run stereo monitors by using the MONITOR OUT and the Direct Output. So, this is good.

But when I want to attach my external stereo effect rack, it appears that I have two returns available(the RETURN INPUT AND THE ALTERNATIVE INPUT). This is good.

But what would I use as a "send" to my rack?

I have attached a pic of the back panel.....

• If need the DIRECT OUT/SEND in its capacity as effect loop send, you cannot use the MONITOR OUTPUT in stereo, but just mono instead.

But you still have the MAIN OUTPUT or SPDIF OUT or even the HEADPHONE OUT to drive your stage monitors in stereo.

• If need the DIRECT OUT/SEND in its capacity as effect loop send, you cannot use the MONITOR OUTPUT in stereo, but just mono instead.

But you still have the MAIN OUTPUT or SPDIF OUT or even the HEADPHONE OUT to drive your stage monitors in stereo.

Thank you Burkhard!

I want to send the full profile rig (with cab on) to FOH. If I used the MAIN OUT XLRs for FOH, can I use the quarter inch MAIN OUTS to drive my stereo monitors with the cab off? Or is there another option using the main outs (both XLR and quarter inch) for both FOH and stage monitors and retain "cab on" for FOH and "cab off" for monitors?

Also, I assume that if I use the HEADPHONE OUT, I will have to use a stereo quarter inch to go into the KPA and then use a Y adaptor to go to the left and right sides of my external amp driving my monitors. Right?

• Why would you turn off the cabinet? Your stage monitors are full-range. So, you leave the guitar cabinet simulation on. I wouldn't share MAIN OUTPUT XLRS for FOH and TS for stage monitoring. If you really need the G-System blocking the DIRECT OUT and want to run your monitoring in stereo, then drive the stage monitors from the HEADPHONE OUT.

• Why would you turn off the cabinet? Your stage monitors are full-range. So, you leave the guitar cabinet simulation on. I wouldn't share MAIN OUTPUT XLRS for FOH and TS for stage monitoring. If you really need the G-System blocking the DIRECT OUT and want to run your monitoring in stereo, then drive the stage monitors from the HEADPHONE OUT.

I will use a couple of Kabinets and looking forward to experiment with the speaker IMPRINTS.

I read somewhere that to use the speaker IMPRINTS, you need to turn off the cab. I think some cabinets may sound better than an imprint and some not. Right?

But, I could run the Kabinet FRFR and then use the cab from the rig. Right?

By the way....... Not being able to use the G Major2 is not a deal breaker at this time. I have a certain comfort level with a handful of effects due to years of use. But, if the KPA can not meet or beat my handful, I will go with the headphone out to get the stereo.