Source Audio L.A. Lady / Kingmaker pedals

• Does anyone use a Source Audio L.A. Lady pedal? Josh Scott from JHS mentioned the pedal in an article about underrated pedals. And the concept sounds very promising.

I need a flexible overdrive in a fixed (recording) setup. Instead of wiring up multiple stomp boxes this thing could be a nice, room saving solution for me. I also like to experiment with settings, stacking... and it seems to be very tweakable with their software. Sounds to good to be true.

BUT... it is a fully digital pedal. So how does it sound? Is it really good?

How does it come, that it is not more popular?

Anyone has some experience with it?

• Hi,

I own an L.A. Lady and like it a lot. I don't feel that it sounds "digital" in any way. Its Fuzz Face models don't respond to turning down your guitar's volume control like a real FF does but otherwise I think it does a good job of modeling overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals.

Take what I say with more than a grain of salt, though. I'm not a big pedal user because I generally prefer amp dirt. Over the years I've owned a number of pedals but, apart from fuzz, I don't foresee ever buying another dirt pedal now that I have the L.A. Lady.