Morph line pulsing back and forth

• Hi all,

I've got a very thin line on my toaster that pulses rapidly back and forth just above the name of the rig.

It took me some searching, and it seems that this is the morphing line.

However, the problem is that I do not have morphing set up on every rig and the line is moving on every rig.

I then opened a rig that does have morphing set up and the morph positing just pulses back and forth (I can see it in rig manager going backwards and forwards rapidly)

The remote is not attached, but I do have one expression pedal attached.

My system is on the latest os version.

Can anybody offer any help?

Thanks,

Allen

• That is normal behavior, if you have just plugged an open cable to one of the PEDAL sockets configured as Morph Pedal. Or the cable is not open, but a switch is connected, which is open. Or an expression pedal is connected, but either cable or pedal are broken.

The Morph Pedal is always functional. As soon as you set up the first parameter with a Mophing range you will see a thick bar reflecting the Moprh Pedal moves and position. Before you set up the first parameter a thin bar reflects the moves and position instead. As soon as you move the pedal to toe position the PROFILER is ready to accept any changes of continuous Rig parameters as their Morph values.

• Thanks for your reply.

It took me a little while to work this out - I have a mission expression pedal plugged in to the kemper.

I have gone into the system settings and turned that button off (which I believe is normally open on the mission).

That has stopped the line pulsing, but I am now wondering if I have lost that footswitch function.

• I guess, you have assigned a pedal function to a socket while a switch normally open is connected.

If the PROFILER finds a socket with a pedal function e.g. Morph Pedal while a cable is plugged into that socket and the line is open - either an open jack on the other side or an open switch - the PROFIELR tries to sens the taper of an expression pedal. That is causing the fluctuation of the bar.