Tips & Tricks for the KPA (wiKPA) - For those who want to get to know their KPA far above what's in the manuals :)

• Yeah! The point is, there's (among others) a brilliant application for Win, FoxIt Reader, which is 100 times smaller, quicker and less invasive than AR.
    Since I've been knowing and using it, I'd not wish anyone to have to have to do with AR! Win users... Just inspect the Registry if you have AR installed... LOL
    FoxIt Reader doesn't even touch it, if not for the file association. And starts 10 times faster!

Of course, FoxIt Reader opened the wikpa with no issues.
    So I guess my question was: is anyone aware of other free pdf readers for Mac apart from Preview? We might end up discovering that a different application works well with the wikpa :)

• Thanks for putting this together. The Kemper community is one of the most helpful I've ever seen.

Now where do I wire the money for this Nigerian prince you emailed me about who has an opportunity to profile Jimmy Page's Marshall SLP-1959 amp, but needs to borrow $500 to rent it for an hour? :whistling:

• This happens if you use a font that is not available on the other plattform. Try Verdana. It is standard on Win, Mac and Linux.

Thanks Joe,
    do you see any reason why AR works nevertheless, and there're no issues under Windows?

Anyway, I've just overwritten/cleaned the font embedding script.
    A new version of the wikpa (# 20120628 ) It's about to be sent to all subscribers.
    Please let me know about any difference, I've no way to test the file under Mac.

@ Sorefingers: thanks dude :thumbup:

• It seems confirmed that viewing the wikpa under Mac is not a problem any longer. :)

PS: a trick for those who would like to search the forum for some information referenced in the wikpa. Usually, sentences are just copied&pasted. So, provided the information actually comes from the Kemper forum, by choosing the right sequence of words a simple search should return the proper post/thread. :thumbup:

HTH

• Awesome!!! Guys like you are a valuable asset to this great community! Thank you for your time and devotion to this wonderful resource!

• Thank you pfapin :)

Next week I'll be working on a main release.
    Meanwhile, the youth issues ( not sure about the right English idiom here...) are being solved.

I don't have much time, but hope to give a solid contribution to this board and to the popularity of the KPA.

• Are you still experiencing font/platform issues? They should be solved with the last version.

Anyway, a real wiki has been planned since long. We are all waiting for it to be implemented!

• HI all,

version 20120706 of the wikpa is out.

The file has been sent to the wikpaList subscribers.
    Glad to see that the list is living well (60+ and growing)!

Please read the Introduction section for a list of the new functions and contents.

The OP has been updated to reflect the new version.

:)