Tips & Tricks for the KPA (wiKPA) - For those who want to get to know their KPA far above what's in the manuals :)

• Hey all,

after more than a year (700+ hours) of work which brought to 180 pages of structured info about everything regarding the Profiler, the wiKPA (as described here below) is changing its face: I'm working hard to transfer all its contents on the site www.wikpa.org (administered by Martin\lightbox) and to integrate the two databases making them work with each other. I'll also go on adding information on the site as soon as it's made available from the online forums and communities.

If you're willing to support this effort, you can donate using my PP account: gdimare at libero dot it.

I'll go on posting on this thread for keeping the community up-to-date with the migration process.

The wiKPA will be still available to download, for those who want to own a small piece of the Profiler's history :)

Thanks for your help!

The wiKPA collects most of the tricks, tips, information, technical stuff... supplied on the Net about the KPA from the very beginning in an easy-to-look up format.
    Special chapters for newbies are included (what to expect from your KPA, how to set it up, how does it sound and why...).

It's a work constantly in progress, and it's updated on an almost-daily basis according to new information being available or processed.
    I'll repost here in the OP to notify any updates.

The file is available here.

Expect about 1/2 updates per month.

Should you feel inclined to support my work, feel free to consider a donation to my PayPal account: gdimare at libero dot it.

My deep gratitude goes to all the guys who have been supporting my work
    and this project since the very beginning with any means, including
    encouragement, congratulations and appreciations, advices, proofreading
    and whatever!
    All these people have contributed to make it a fine source of information, hereby including Burkhard Dinnies, KPA’s Product Manager from Kemper. :thumbup:

Any further suggestions, corrections, hints will of course be more than welcomed!

CURRENT VERSION:

Current version is 2013 03 22.

WHAT'S NEW:

• Updated with the relevant forum contents up to the date of editing.

• Includes more undocumented features and tips.

• Now includes infos about the powered versions of the KPA.

• Now includes infos about what the stomps and fx are modelled after in the KPA.

• Typos corrections, as usual!

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Some list's bullets miss their background colour.

• The document opened in the Dropbox preview window looks by far uglier than when opened in a pdf reader.

Edited 41 times, last by viabcroce: ... continuously updating and adding information :wacko: ().

• I can HIGHLY recommend this as a superb resource. For example: I'd heard of the cab volume feature before, but never used it, and was reminded to try it....brilliant!

Thank you on behalf of the entire Kemper Community for the time you've taken in assembling all of this. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• If i understand this correctly this is not a Wiki - but a KPA knowledge document?

"A wiki is a website which allows its users to add, modify, or delete its content via a web browser using a simplified markup language or a rich-text editor."

• If i understand this correctly this is not a Wiki - but a KPA knowledge document?

"A wiki is a website which allows its users to add, modify, or delete its content via a web browser using a simplified markup language or a rich-text editor."

Definitely correct, Daggis!
    My impression is that this word is starting to be morphed quickly tho. You know, like "I own a Kemper" instead of "a KPA", or (as they used to say in the '60s) "I bought a Fender" to mean an electric bass.
    In this case, I used the term as a synonym of "knowledge base". It's a .pdf file :)

In order to avoid misunderstandings, I've just edited the thread's title to reflect your observations :)

@ Dlaut: thanks for your appreciation dude! The file has of course already changed since you received your copy ;)

• Hi again,

I've just sent the wikpa to all those who have supplied an email address to me.

The file is 4420 kB, so please check that your email In box can manage it!

At one stage, I had my forum In box full. Now I managed all the PMs and it's empty again, so in case you found it impossible to contact me, please try again :thumbup:

• I got it, Gianfranco, thanks! I went through a couple of pages and it looks you've done a pretty good job. I'll go through it more thoroughly later. I have to play with the actual thing first! :)

• Thanks dear! Enjoy your reading, and don't stop playing! :D

This document is meant to waste time just once, when you find the info on the Net; then you won't lose your head any longer to try and remember where the hell that trick was!

@ all having asked for a copy: please PM me a valid email address (all the explanations in the OP)! The forum's MS doesn't accept such big attachments :rolleyes:

• Thanks for the kind words mate :)

NB: @ All

It seems there's an issue preventing the pdf from opening on a Mac.
    I'm currently investigating it, meanwhile I'd appreciate if those who are experiencing this tried on a different platform and reported their experience.

Thanks everyone!

• I'll check it on my Mac shortly.

When you sent it to me last night, I opened it on the iPad (worked fine) and saved it on the iBooks (works fine from there too).

• Ok, I checked on my Mac and with Acrobat reader is fine, the problem is with the Preview (the Mac solution if someone doesn't have the AR installed) which have the whole document show as special characters.

Gianf, I think its most probably the encryption you used to lock the pdf and Preview returns these results.

• Thank you for your time dude! It's been very useful!
    So is Preview the only free alternative to AR for the Mac? Windows world is full of free pdf readers...

Anyway, I'll edit the OP (and the wikpa itself) in order to reflect this :thumbup: