[Stage] Stereo loop -- BUG or Operator Error?

• Hi everybody. This is probably operator error, but I can't figure this out.

I have a stereo pedal that is properly hooked up in the Kemper Stage UPPER stereo loop. I want to install this pedal in the "X" stereo module, but the Stage seems to be muting the whole signal chain and the screen shows "Effect loop not possible! Aux input is used."

WHAT aux input? Is there a hidden input I don't know about? What's going on?

The connections on the back of my Stage include:

- "Input" (from guitar)

- "Pedal 3" (from expression pedal)

- "Send 1" (to stereo effects pedal)

- "Return 1/2" (from stereo effects pedal)

- "Main out" (stereo)

- "Monitor out" (stereo)

I know the stereo pedal is working (there is an unexplained thing that in certain circumstances/series of button mashes, I was able to hear my stereo effects pedal. However, I was only able to hear it right after browsing to the loop stereo effect and before "selecting" it. The stereo loop "muted" itself when I selected either "load type" or "load default" on the effects selection page. I cannot seem to even get this back.)

Help!

P.S. My cables are very short and I have other stuff in the way on my pedal board blocking Send 2 & Return 3/4). I want to use Send 1 and Return 1/2.

P.P.S. No, my effects loop is NOT connected to the lower loop (send 2/return 3/4). If I select "use lower loop," I can hear the guitar, but the effects loop doesn't do anything (duh, because no signal is going through it).

• If you search the Main Manual PDF document for "Aux In" you find the information, that RETURN 1 and 2 of the PROFILER Stage can also be used to feed in an audio signal from an external device e.g. a smartphone.

The message indicates, that one of the Aux In Mix controls in the Output Section isn't completely cranked down, which blocks the RETURNs for that function. You find the soft knobs on page Aux In within the Output Section. Dial all three knobs to the left side.

• I see "Use lower Loop" in your Effect Loop picture. If you connect your external gear to SEND 1 and RETURN 1+2, you need to select "Use Upper Loop" instead.

Why do you select Loop Mono, if you intend to connect a device providing a stereo signal?

• I see "Use lower Loop" in your Effect Loop picture. If you connect your external gear to SEND 1 and RETURN 1+2, you need to select "Use Upper Loop" instead.

Why do you select Loop Mono, if you intend to connect a device providing a stereo signal?

Loop mono in this case was an accident--was trying all the settings.

Looks like "use lower loop" was the issue. That soft botton "use lower loop" is confusing af! It fixed it though. Thank you!