Dear Mr Tills

• Many Men want to know just what exactly did you do to make Tills 06 cab? Why is this cab so much better than any other cab on the kemper to date for Hi gain? Maybe the planets all lined up at the exact second you made 006 and something magical happened 8o :thumbup:

• Many Men want to know just what exactly did you do to make Tills 06 cab? Why is this cab so much better than any other cab on the kemper to date for Hi gain? Maybe the planets all lined up at the exact second you made 006 and something magical happened 8o :thumbup:

Many Men say that it was captured during a solar eclipse when mars and uranus were in perfect alignment with the KPA. Only fully grown male individuals are able to use the force to push the profiling button :evil:

No, honestly... thx guys that you like it so much. But when i took that profile that i extracted the cab from i didnt like it, because it sounded way too sharp for me and at first i wanted to delete it. However it seems to work nicely for some users who combine it with their amp profiles. I guess that it can help to compensate if the amp section profile sound lacks some high mids and treble.

The profiling setup was no different from my other profiles. Marshall JVM + 1960 V30 with AKG C3000 and SM57 into a mackie 1202VLZ with the AKG more dominant in the mix. See the cab thread for details. If i remember correctly, 006 had the condenser pretty much at the center of the speaker, which perhaps is something you wouldnt normally do if you place the mic by ear. Something that also can make a difference is using the submixer EQ. The mid band of the mackie is set a 2,5 Khz. This frequency makes a huge difference, even at only very slight settings.

If i had to reproduce it, i would start with the amp settings. I used a moderate hi gain setting with gain at 9:00 at JVM OD2 orange mode. If you know the JVM this is already pretty much gain if you have hot pickups. While leaving the tone controls to noon, i pushed the presence and resonance up considerably. From my experience in mixing metal stuff i like to have much hi and low end in the signal, because it is always better to roll these frequencies off in the mixing than trying to push those frequencies that were lost during recording. So a very broad tonal spectrum might be a good starting point.

Everything else is pure exercise. Take series of profiles where you change the variables and make notes how you set it up. Always start with the mics at dead center of the speaker and then do very slight moves towards the edge. Repeat the same steps and change the variables like mic balance, position, distance and eq settings.

Don´t be afraid of harsh sounding profiles. Try extracting and store them in every case. Afterwards try those series of cabs with ofter amp profiles. Even if the profile sounds like ass, the cab might be great.

• No, honestly... thx guys that you like it so much. But when i took that profile that i extracted the cab from i didnt like it, because it sounded way too sharp for me and at first i wanted to delete it. However it seems to work nicely for some users who combine it with their amp profiles. I guess that it can help to compensate if the amp section profile sound lacks some high mids and treble.

I noticed from one of your posts that you prefer Tills 015, which is darker sounding than 006. I think what you said above is absolutely true; The 006 compensates for the muddiness in a profile. Many of the stock profiles sounded quite muddy to my taste, and boom, this 006 saved them all, which made me keep KPA. I call 006 the "legendary" cab (or "THE cab" in short). It's in your face and have lots of presence, which goes incredibly well with the music I like. Again, thank you so much for all the cabs (and those JVM profiles as well) you created; all of them are simply "priceless" to me.

Even if the profile sounds like ass, the cab might be great.

I will keep this in mind :) -Jake

Edited once, last by jakeykim ().