Stereo Monitor Setup

• Hello All,

I have an unpowered rack unit and am trying to set up stereo to FoH and stereo to a pair of guitar cabs (monitor+direct out to a guitar power amp) at the same time.

Could someone confirm that my settings for this are correct (see attached)? I'm asking because what I'm seeing on my display differs from what I've seen on the Interwebs on this topic (the Direct Output menu item is grayed out).

Also, I've read through the comments about how Direct Profiles vs Merged Profiles interact with the cab emulation etc. I'd appreciate any comments on real-world experiences - i.e. noticeable yes/no or any other comments.

TIA - M.

• Hi, amosmax.

The output menu configuration looks good to me. How does it sound?

As for the Direct Profiles vs Merged Profiles discussion: it depends on how true you want to be to the original profile (amp, cab, microphone).

If you're happy when it sounds good to you, then the discussion is just other people talking instead of playing.

• Hey ST,

thx for the reply. My 4x12s are still in storage (on "Corona-break"), but I have a couple of dates coming up - just wanted to be prepared.

On the profiles, I figured that would be the case. I'm not a vintage purist, so I'll just play it by ear (literally! ;)).

Thx again - M.