AXFXII owner here - Thinking of selling AXFXII and getting a KEMPER - Appreciate your opinions please

• Keep both! Always good to have a backup rig, and you can decide which is A/B on an ongoing basis.
    I use both FRFR(RCF monitor) and non(Matrix 1000/EV12L speakers in 1x12 cabs-power amp sim on, cab sim off). I mix and match for the gig/situation and I do that for both KPA and AXE-same support hardware.
    I use the MFC for the axe, and usually a midimate for the KPA. I have an old all-access laying around as well. The MFC also works really well with the KPA. So that one hunk of hardware can support both boxes-though a bit of pain flipping it back and forth.
    Tweaking? I think that is more person dependant than hardware. I dont tweak either unit much. The KPA is more amp-like to tweak while playing because of the knob layout. That said, when you get used to the axe, you can hit a lot of keys pretty quickly to get done whatever it is you want to get done. I actually spend more time messing with profiles in the kemper than I do tweaking the axe-I have the setup for the axe pretty nailed down. Just too tempting to try out that latest cool profile. With the axe, I don't really use other folks presets at this point. I did for a while, but now I have things set the way I want them and I would have to completely redo any patch anyway-at least to add an FXLOOP so out goes to the matrix.
    Other stuff-what the axe gives you is the flexibility etc. You want to assign 10 different things to ext2, knock yourself out. Normally, the first pedal is volume, second is wah by default. I don't plug into the 1st, and use the 3rd instead-mainly for rate of different things like trem, leslie or whatever. For oddball presets, like the moog, the wah is volume and the other is still rate-but you can make when what you want. With auto-engage it gets even better. I have a GEQ near the end of my string that engages with the wah pedal to give me a sculpted boost. Since wah and lead are usually the same for me-it means less button pressing. I fully expect the kemper to grow into this sort of stuff.
    Tones-both amazing-which is why I have both. Just great tones from them both. If I didnt need the cello,violin,flute and all the ambience stuff I need for the current band, I'd really be torn which to take to practice. The KPA, the little EHX magnum stuffed in the back and a 1x12 cab make up a very cool little rig that is ultra transportable and sounds amazing for that small of a package.
    KEEP BOTH!

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• Some tips to new users.

The "Snapshot" & "Quick" button are your best friends.
    If you tweak a Profile to your liking and save it, press Snapshot.
    Then press the Quick button and all your Snapshots/favourite rigs are in one place and very easy to navigate/find.

Some recommended high gain rigs...this will get you going quickly.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111784/Kemper%20High%20Gain.zip

Don't forget to Import the 'Cabs'...essential.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111…abinets%20July%202012.zip

• Thanks so much for those Guitartone.

Question do those cabs need to be imported for those high gain amp presets to work right? For instance each cab belongs with its own high gain preset? Or are they just really awesome cabs that I should have available?

Also In the Kemper, I heard some people get overwhelmed with all the presets available. Is it easy to delete the ones you dont want and keep the ones you like in a group for instance to recall quickly? If you had a 1000 profiles it seems like it may be a bit challenging to scroll to one of your favorite profiles at 865 or so. 8|

• Thanks so much for those Guitartone.

Question do those cabs need to be imported for those high gain amp presets to work right? For instance each cab belongs with its own high gain preset? Or are they just really awesome cabs that I should have available?

Also In the Kemper, I heard some people get overwhelmed with all the presets available. Is it easy to delete the ones you dont want and keep the ones you like in a group for instance to recall quickly? If you had a 1000 profiles it seems like it may be a bit challenging to scroll to one of your favorite profiles at 865 or so. 8|

The high gain Profiles in my file will all work perfectly as they are.

The cab file I provided will save you the trouble of saving the cabs yourself...in other words we've already done it for you.
    Put a USB stick in your Kemper, then format it.
    Your USB stick will now have a "Shared" folder on it.
    Create a "Cabinet" folder in the "Shared" folder and put the Cab files in it...now put the USB stick into your Kemper and 'Import'...the Cabs will now be in your Kemper.

It's easy to delete the Profiles you don't want, you'll see a Delete option, use it.
    If you use the Snapshot function then no need to be overwhelmed by hundreds of Profiles..take a Snapshot of your favourites & they'll all group together and appear in the "Quick" section.

• Thanks Guitartone for the explanation. Sounds great! I better get me a new USB stick as well!

Oh, do I also have to make a folder for all of the high gain profiles etc when I need to import? Are you able to create folders for say Cleans, blues tones, rock tones, effects tones etc to keep organized or does it not matter once you import the tones into the Kemper? I assume when I get a few new profiles I want to try out I just load them onto the usb and import?

• This is not working for me. I tweaked a profile and stored the snapshot. But when I press the Quick button, I just get a screen that has "Device Information". How do I navigate my Snapshots?

• Most of those mandatory processes are fully described in the manual, also relevant answers can be found in the forum if you use the search function on the the top of each forum page. :)

You're right...I skimmed the manual but I really need to take time to digest it. I'm one of those impatient fuckers who likes to dive right in and start pressing buttons.

• Aren't we all? :)

But exactly because of the impatience, the quickest way is the manual and second the forum search function (after all those months of posts, most freq questions' answers are already here. Also have Viabcroce's doc somewhere handy for your more detailed reference. :thumbup:

• I did it people! I just bought a new Kemper!

I wanted to start a new post so I could let everyone know another Kemper user is joining your ranks. :)

I posted on the Public forum.

I do have another question. I need to buy an interface. I am now leaning towards the Presonus Adiobox22 VSL. Anyone use it? Any opinions? Hopefully its a good interface. I've never used any Presonus products before.

Thanks and cant wait to get my Kemper!!!!!

• Buy a Kemper and use both devices, each with a separate volume pedal. (I do this). This way you can play one sound and kick in the other on top with extra echo or sustain or whatever on the tops of your solos. This gives you easily a more expressive and varied sound :D