Windows doesn't find the profiler anymore

• Windows doesn't find the profiler anymore

Hello,

i updated Rig Manager on the latest version 3.2.43.17243. Normally when the operating system isn't up to date Rig Manager suggests an update, but not today. So i updated via USB to the latest operation system. Release 8.5.6.30271

What goes wrong is, that the rig manager and the profiler can't communicate - windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit) shows the profiler in the device manager, but with a yellow "!" - normally that means that the driver isnt working, but is there a driver for the profiler? I can't find anything.

Does anybody has an solution for this problem?

Thanks

P.

• Sorry for stating the obvious perhaps but did you try rebooting both units?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I found the solution and post it here for everybody who has the same issue in the future:

1. Turn off the profiler

2. backup Rig-Manager Content (under Tools in Rig Manager)

3. uninstall rig manager

4. install Rig Manager new

5. perhaps you have to restore Rig Manager Backup (I didn't have to do that)

I guess that the mistake was to install the new Rig Manager with the profiler turned on - but that is only a guess

• I guess that the mistake was to install the new Rig Manager with the profiler turned on - but that is only a guess

I had the same problem when I upgraded to Rig Manager 3.2.43 and I did not have my Kemper connected to my computer when I did the upgrade (I only connect it when I need to use Rig Manager). I uninstalled Rig Manager and then reinstalled Rig Manager and that corrected the issue. I also got the "Something unexpected happened" message when I upgraded the OS from the USB stick but that seems to have been an isolated glitch. My Kemper is operating normally after the OS upgrade. It kinda freaks you out a little bit when you first see it. I sent the diagnostics file to support but they found nothing amiss.