[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• I am glad you like them!

btw. I came just back from a short holiday trip - and profiling will continue ....

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• KILLER... Looks like a savage to me! Definitely get a few with deep engaged, channel 3, bass mids and treb up!!! What cab are you using?

*edit* even better, guess its actually a Blackmore head, the best of the engl line in my opinion.

• Yes, it's a 'Blackmore'.

I use my 4x12" V30 cabinet for the head.

Awesome! Is it a specific make/model? Just curious, as I'm sure you know even a Marshall 4x12 with v30s will sound completely different under a mic than say, an American 4x12 aka Mesa or Bogner...

• Yes, I use my Elmwood 4x12 Vintage 30 cabinet - the best sounding V30 cab I ever used.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Well, you just had to do it and make me spend more money, didn't you? :P

Already got packs IV and V (just got this one yesterday) and now that a JCM200 and ENGL are being hinted it looks like I'm going to have to buy pack VI too :D

Since I'm sort of becoming a loyal customer, let me ask you this: do you take requests? I'm not after a particular amp, but a particular sound. Think Allan Holdsworth's liquid, sexy midrangey types of tones. I can get in the ballpark with my Triaxis on the Lead 2 Green channel, but it seems to lack that rubbery attack his tone has. And BTW I believe that with very few modifications on the core tone it would be possible to get pretty convincing Eric Johnson tones from that amp (if it exists) as well.

Now I know Eric Johnson gets a good part of his tone form a "modified" Fuzz Face (actually it's biased colder than stock if I'm not mistaken), so it's possible that AH uses the same "trick" and therefore what we would need in order to produce those tones would be an amp with rich and creamy mids and hope that one day the KPA would make such a stompbox available in the stomp section.

• Yes, you could try to use some of the KPA stomp boxes before the best amp you find.

I would try to use something like this:
    EQ - Overdrive/Distortion - EQ - Stack - EQ

To profile a fuzz and an amp at the same time will in most cases not give a great result.
    The KPA works best when only one "distortion device" will be used for profiling.

• Just found this - should be his lead setting:

Bill Delap Guitar w/single SD Holdsworth pickup > TC Electronics Booster/Line Driver/Distortion > MXR Noise Gate > Mesa/Boogie 50Cal. w/EL84s > Tone settings Gain 8 - Bass 1 - Mid 8 - Treb 2-3 - Pres 3 - 4 - Output 8 > Harness ( a load box that he designed and wired by hand) or a Rocktron Juice Extractor > DBX266a Comp > TC Electronics 1140 Parametric/Pre Amp > FET Power Amp > Cab w/4x12 - 2x12 - 1x 12 V30 Celestion's.

So he uses a boogie with EL84's and V30 speakers - so my Lonestar pack should work.

• btw. all sound clips at our homepage are now in a better quality (MP3 320 KBit/s) - this includes all the great demo files from Günter.

(sounds much better than the files at soundcloud)

• Two new profile packs are available now:

Pack 40: Profiles of a Marshall JCM2000 (55 profiles)
    Pack 41: Profiles of an ENGL E650 Ritchie Blackmore Signature (53 profiles)

Both packs include RAW profiles of all channels, modes and switches and in addition some 'ready to go' processed profiles.

More information about the used amps and soundclips coming soon.

• Is it possible to buy the latest packs as part of a bundle and then get the new packs that come out in the bundle later for free? I ask because it's much cheaper to buy the bundle than a bunch of single packs but would like to have some of the single packs now. Thanks.