Update: Profiler Remote - "Tuner" Button Not Responding

• The rig: Kemper PowerHead with Profiler Remote, with one Mission Engineering expression pedal connected to the remote.

I have the "Tuner" button mapped to a delay rather than the tuner. I've noticed lately that the rig seems to respond a little slowly to remote button pushes. Last night during a live performance the Tuner button stopped responding altogether; everything else was working OK. I rebooted the remote between songs to no effect.

Today I tried a little troubleshooting:

- Used a different CAT5E cable; no change

- Via Rig Manager I verified that I had not inadvertently locked the button

- Verified that I can toggle the delay function (to which the Tuner button is mapped) both from the Profiler Powerhead front panel, and from Rig Manager, but not from the remote

- Verified via Rig Manager that all software is up to date

So it seems it's down to a faulty pushbutton on the Profiler Remote, or something in the Remote firmware. Strange since this button is not one that I'm dancing on too often.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Too many guitars, not enough strings!

• Hi TomShields, I had the exact same problem and since the remote was still under warranty, I opened a ticket and Kemper Americas Repairs (I live in Canada) sent me a return label to ship it in Colorado to be repaired. The whole process was very simple and the remote was back 2 or 3 weeks later.

If the remote is not under warranty anymore, you should investigate this :

"We found a screw came loose where the Tuner switch was pressing down on. This was causing the switch not to engage with the PCB board. "

Good luck!

Claude

• Update:

I contacted Kemper customer support. Fortunately I had a few months left on my warranty. Long story short, they turned the Remote around in less than a work week!

Claude, my issue was exactly as yours: a loose screw behind the button that was preventing it from contacting the PCB. Also, since I reported that the remote seems to randomly respond slowly to bank changes (UP/DOWN buttons), they replaced the entire PCB as well.

Hats off to Kemper customer support!

Too many guitars, not enough strings!