KPA as fx in L6 POD HD Pro

• Hi community !

With the Help of taxman1997 of the german L6 community, I have set up a small documentation to help beginners setting up the KPA with a POD HD Pro.

I own a POD HD Pro, therefore the example covers this gear. HD500 users should have no big problem to convert the preset files, changing the extension to *.h5e. FS8 has the Prog# change command and fx loop switch assigned.

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7554632/KPA-PODHDPro.jpg]

Please read the Word File and use the embedded ZIP with the profiles to create your own best configuration.

For your convenience HEREthe ZIP file separately

I am sure, there are a lot alternatives to my example, so take this challenge and publish them to us ;)

Have fun 8o

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

Edited 3 times, last by McRalfix ().

• Right now you are having the KPA in the Loop of the Line6. Since i guess the KPA has the better converters and will be the "preferred" unit by most users anyway, i would do it the other way round.

Use your KPA as you would normally do. Guitar to KPA in, Normal outputs (not the monitor output) to your speaker or PA. Then use the direct output of the KPA into the input of the Line6. The output of the Line6 goes to the return of the KPA. If you wanna use a Line6 MIDI controller, connect the Line6 midi out to the KPA midi in. If you are using another "general" MIDI controller, just do it the other way round.

Now you can easily create different rigs, where the Return of the KPA is active or not. This will have you use either the KPA or the Line6.

• Good Point, but there are more fx in the POD and the profile set up is SW supported with L6 Edit.
    CK is a little behind with his midi cmds and a remote SW. This is widely discussed in other posts.
    We will see, when CK comes up with more remote features.
    Only in this mode, I can use my Variax connected by the cat cable.
    BR Ralf

• If the Line6 has SPDIF out, you could additional use it to feed the SPDIF KPA guitar input. This would allow all the cool Variax models and Line6 effects with KPA amps. I run a Roland VG99 this way and have all the guitar modeling and alt tuning available as input to the KPA in addition to VG99 amps and MIDI synths through the stereo loop. It's a very versatile setup.

Edit: but tonight the KPA started crackling and popping on profile changes when using SPDIF. I'm working on finding a fix. :(

bd

• Only in this mode, I can use my Variax connected by the cat cable.

I imagine this would be the only real reason to hook things up this way. I run the Pod HD500 in the Kemper's loop and I find it significantly better than the other way round. I wonder if you'd get a better sound quality running it this way too, even though you'd forego your Variac's digital out.

• I imagine this would be the only real reason to hook things up this way. I run the Pod HD500 in the Kemper's loop and I find it significantly better than the other way round. I wonder if you'd get a better sound quality running it this way too, even though you'd forego your Variac's digital out.

That´s how i see it too. If you have no problem with two cables from your guitar, you could also have the CAT5 Cable go into the Line6, while the normal cable goes into the KPA, so you wouldnt even have to use the buffered "slave through" method with your dry guitar signal. This way you could use the KPA direct out for live recording and reamping your sound later.