Profiling – Do I need a TRS > XLR Cable?

• Hi everyone … can‘t find a quick answer in the manual. Do I need a XLR to TRS Cable doing DI profils?? … The Return Input Jack of the toaster and of the stage is TRS, isn‘t it? Thanks ;)

• Which DI box do you use to create Direct PROFILEs? And do you own a Head/Rack or Stage model?

The KEMPER PROFILER DI Box offers a XLR output. Head and Rack offer an XLR RETURN input. So, just a XLR microphone cable required.

The RETURN 1 of the Stage is balanced TRS. The other RETURNs as well by the way. If oyu use the KEMPER DI Box you need a balanced cable with XLR and TRS on the other end - or an adaptor.

• Thanks for the fast answer. I‘m using the Kemper DI and a Toaster. I have always used a XLR to mono jack cable. Never had a problem with noise. My Bandmate is a new user, having the stage. Yesterday we wanted to profile his JCM800, with my Kemper DI and the mono Jack cable but there was terrible white noise. Groundlift did make it even worse. We tried it again with my toaster … silence. There was no hum or white noise. That's why I was wondering if there are differences between the two and if a TRS cable is necessary.