KPA, Stereo power amp, 2 4x12s... How???

• So I'm a newb with stereo, how do I do this? I have VHT 2902 stereo power amp, and 2 4x12s, and israel ld like to try and run stereo. The problem is I don't know how, the power amp has 2 inputs, one for each side of the power amp obviously, and only 1 monitor out jack... I assume the only other way would be to use the main outs, and disable the cabs correct? How would I do this live then ? Because obviously the cabs would be off using the quarter inch main outs to my 4x12s, and the xlr jacks to FOH would have cabs disabled then As well, causing a not so awesome tone... Ideas???

• Anybody know if Cab Off in the Main Out effects the headphone out? Running the headphone out to the mixer is the only way I know to get 2 analog stereo feeds from the KPA.

There is one other option. Elantric found this little $25 device that converts the KPA's SPDIF to L/R analog:

http://www.amazon.com/D3-Digit…37946&sr=8-1&keywords=dac

If the SPDIF has cabs on all the time (which I read it does) then use the L/R mains to your stage amp with cabs off.

IMHO, FRFR is the way to go to run stereo and your not stuck with one cab tone as you would with 412 cabs.

bd

• I do it the other way arround. I Use FRFR with two cheap Alto monitors in front of me, great sound though. And to add a bit more "amp in the room" feeling, I use one or two Thiele cabs EV12Ls, driven by a Matrix GT800FX in the back of me.

The best sound ever!!!!! No complains. I sold all other stuff which I used before and I don't regret. I strongly recommend to be daring and forget the old times. A new era begun. Another way of thinking and hearing is demanded.