Using A Boss DR-880 With The KPA And Studio Monitors, Do I Need A Mixer?

• Resonator,

Yes, you can use the KPA as a mixer with some limitations. Run your L./R main outputs of your DR880 into the Return and Alternative Input ports. Enable the Stereo Loop in the X Stomp in Effects and use the Mix control to blend the KPA's amp and DR880 signals. In this setup, the Stereo Loop is ahead of Reverb, Mod, and Delay so they need to be set to whatever sounds good with the overall mix. You lose the ability to use the effects on just the guitar.

bd

• ....I would suggest to get a cheap 4 ch mixer. A Behringer would do the job and can be found for less then 50$

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ....I would suggest to get a cheap 4 ch mixer. A Behringer would do the job and can be found for less then 50$

I have a cheap Behringer mixer that I picked up at a Guitar Center grand opening. The problem is it degrades the sound quality so much that I might as well use it for a door stop. Have you had success with a cheap Behringer? If so, which one?

• Check your levels and gain settings on the mixer, you can forget them for recording, but to play along with a drum muchine they are more than ok. I use an Alesis Multimix 8 and is maybe just 1 step above the behringer

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I agree with the last 2 posts: it's a matter of needs. I own an Eurorack UB802, quite versatile but, for example, at low volume levels the left and right channels don't receive the same amount of attenuation (i.e., they start having different levels...).