Synth sounds, organ, flute etc.

• Search for billruppert and you will find some interesting profiles that emulate some other instruments.

The KPA will never do synth sounds like a guitar-to-midi system but can be integrated into one easily. I run a Roland VG99 and Hardware Synth with the KPA. Its an awesome combo.

bd

• Search for billruppert and you will find some interesting profiles that emulate some other instruments.

bd

Maybe it's me but I can't seem to get anything good out of Ruppert's profiles other than some quasi clean sounds. Just saying. If CK can do some synth, pitching shifting, and a vocoder I could use my KPA in my cover band.

• Maybe it's me but I can't seem to get anything good out of Ruppert's profiles other than some quasi clean sounds. Just saying. If CK can do some synth, pitching shifting, and a vocoder I could use my KPA in my cover band.

It sounds like outboard gear would be your best bet for Synth type tones. I drive a fully rack mount synth and can make ANY tone I want from strings, brass, synth pads, crazy effects, etc. The KPA is monophonic....all notes mixed in one signal, so it will never be able to do a whole lot with pitch effects and morphing tones. A hex pickup into an Axion or Roland pedal will get you full polyphonic capabilities. The KPA works well along side this gear.

bd

• It sounds like outboard gear would be your best bet for Synth type tones. I drive a fully rack mount synth and can make ANY tone I want from strings, brass, synth pads, crazy effects, etc. The KPA is monophonic....all notes mixed in one signal, so it will never be able to do a whole lot with pitch effects and morphing tones. A hex pickup into an Axion or Roland pedal will get you full polyphonic capabilities. The KPA works well along side this gear.

bd

Hmm that's a bummer. I'll just continue to use my HD 500 then. I was under the impression that a KPA would be far superior to the Line 6 in terms of power under the hood and capabilities. The HD-500 does synth, pitch shifting and vocoder just fine for my band situation.

• Hmm that's a bummer. I'll just continue to use my HD 500 then. I was under the impression that a KPA would be far superior to the Line 6 in terms of power under the hood and capabilities. The HD-500 does synth, pitch shifting and vocoder just fine for my band situation.

My bad. We must be discussing different "synth" technologies. I was referring to high quality synthesizer tones closer to what a keys player would want. I've heard the Line6 stuff. That's analog guitar morphed sounds and I'd think yes the KPA could do that with the addition of similar stomp effects. Perhaps Kemper will do this. They added some new effects in the latest fw update.

bd

• Yeah you would think they could. It's "passable" synth tones for sure. Which works just fine when you are just backing up a decent keyboardist on a few songs.....definitely not high quality but rather functionality.