Good Grief I love this Legacy Profile

• I've never owned any Carvin amps, but one of my favorite guitars is a Carvin V220. The Legacy sounds very organic, even with the gain cranked, and it really sings in the upper registers without getting too hairy. This profile just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

• As far as I know, he doesn't use any EQ pedals. He runs through a few effects and then straight into the amp. Seeing as he has been developing the Legacy for the past 10+ years, I think most of the voicing of his sound comes straight from the onboard EQ itself. If you want to see him demo the Legacy 3 in HD, check this link Legacy 3 Demo HD. You can easily see the EQ on the amp. Where the Legacy really sings is the upper-midrange. The notes maintain a certain roundness - even using a high-output bridge pickup - without getting brittle. Definitely one of my favorite amps of all time. If you can't tell, I'm a huge Vai fan, and being able to play around with the amp without having the amp here is great for me. Nobody in Savannah, Georgia has a Legacy, which makes me a sad panda.

• Thanks mates. I'm pretty close now. My guitars (Ruokangas V.S.O.P, finnish handmade guitar) has fat neck pickup, so i think i just need to adjust different presets for different pickups.
    Very nice profile btw.