(Solved) Dunlop DVP3 Setup for Pitch Pedal

• Hi! Just to say this. I was trying to generate a whammy-like two-octave interval, but my expression pedal wasn't picking up the target note of the pitch correctly. After a few minutes of testing and calibrating, I pressed a small blue button inside the expression pedal (obviously had to open it), and also set it to Pedal Type 2 on the Kemper. Now it's hot!

• Pedal Type 2 changes polarity, which doesn't reverse the function, but changes the response curve. It's intended for Yamaha pedals which have reverse polarity.

What you describe seems more a calibration issue. The PROFILER memorizes an electrical resistance range between heel and toe position of your pedal. And if later your pedal doesn't reach resistance level at the toe position anymore, you don't reach the intended pitch. Perhaps you pushed harder while you performed the calibration and just tweaked the pot inside the pedal a tiny bit more. Pitch effects are obviously more sensitive to small deviations than wah effects or volume. I guess, your polarity change just triggered a kind of reset of the whole calibration. If you moved back to the original settings now, it might also work.