sysex gone wrong

• I've been using Cakewalk sysx messages to control my Profiler for three years or so. My Profiler has had its Global MIDI Channel set to 3 that entire time. About a week ago I upgraded the OS to 8.7 and Rig Manager to the latest version. Everything worked fine. Yesterday (12-11-22) I transferred a few rigs using the new Rig Manager for the first time. After doing that, sysx messages no longer work. The first command in all my sysx sends is always choose amp, that still works but now, I get an error "Unassigned Program Change" but it does go to the correct patch however it changes the MIDI program change in the lower right of the window to 128. Any subsequent sysx message are ignored. If I switch the Global MIDI Channel to OMNI or 1 the Choose Rig sysx does not work but all the others do. In my setup channel 1 controls our light show and only work on channel 1 and are daisy chained with and RME Fireface and my Profiler. The more I think about the more it seems likely that Rig Manager sent a command changing the Profiler’s response to sysex messages. It was working fine until I used the new Rig Manager to transfer profiles to the Profiler for the first time. If that is the case is there a way to undo it. The whole system has been working for years until yesterday. Yes, I know there are a bunch of time-consuming workarounds I can do including changing it all to CC command but we've got about 200 songs and a lot of holiday gigs so I need something fast. Thanks.

• My Suggestions:

Send an email to Kemper, letting them know about your issue. https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

Make a brand new Profiler Back up, so you can send it to Kemper. Also, offer to send them your most recent previous Backup, so they can compare.

Restore your most recent previous Profiler Backup, and do your shows before making any additional pre-shows changes in your Profiler.

• Thanks,

I did email them and I included a copy of my original post here. In the meantime I wrote a program to convert Sysex to NRPNs and created NPRNs for all of the common sysex I use and am pasting them into my profiler track. It will take awhile but it will work. Thanks again.

• Thanks,

I did email them and I included a copy of my original post here. In the meantime I wrote a program to convert Sysex to NRPNs and created NPRNs for all of the common sysex I use and am pasting them into my profiler track. It will take awhile but it will work. Thanks again.

I don't find any support ticket linked to your e-mail since 2019!?