Best way to automate pitch pedal (whammy) via DAW

• Looking to automate a Digitech Whammy type effect (+1 octave) for a player who doesn’t use a remote or expresssion pedals. It’s single notes in a passage that repeats many times in the track. I realized quickly that drawing the curves with the pencil in pro tools (CC #4) is going to be really tedious, especially since the PT session isn’t actually aligned to the DAW’s grid (for reasons I have no say in). So I thought maybe I could just set the “heel down” parameter to be morphed to +12, such that it would ramp up at the morph “rise” time. With “momentary” selected, it was nearly a success. However, the limitation here is that it only moves in semitonal increments, so it doesn’t sound right at all. Hoping someone else might have a tip. If not, I guess I’ll have to go to the session and dial in the CC curve with the pencil. Thanks!

• I don't understand what you are doing.

You can use a Morph Button CC# 80 to trigger Morphing with Rise Time and Fall Time. And if you activate MorphPedal to Pitch, the two pedal pitch effects will follow. You should use the Pedal Pitch effect and set its Toe Pitch to +12. Each Rig loads with Morph Pedal in heel position = base sound. I guess, you want to leave Heel Pitch at zero.

Send CC# 80 any value 1-127 to trigger the pitch travel to +12, send value 0 to trigger the return to 0.

One more condition needed to apply Rise Time and Fall Time: Set any other parameter up for Morphing e.g. Treble in a very small range, or Mix of an effect switched off. The morphing logic doesn't apply Rise Time and Fall Time, if there is nothing setup for Morphing other than MorphPedal to Pitch.