Matrix GT800FX

• Hi there,
    intresting to know how many of you KPA people here are using Matrix GT800FX with some kind of GUITAR CAB as a live setup?

AND: do you have cab off or on in KPA?

Just got offering from Matrix...need to do some decisions... :S

All opinions/experiences are very welcome!

-Olli

• Ultra into Matrix GT800FX in stereo 2 times 2 linked Laney IRT212, thus 4 Ohms per channel. Signal PEQ'd based on pink noise and now flat. So cabs sims on with all the delights. Sounds huuuuuuge also for CD music. Tried Beyma, EVM12L, etc. And after 2 years searching and trying this is the end result.

Why Laney IRT 212: cheap, light, 15 mm plywood, HH speakers with a very interesting speaker freq response curve, no extreme EQ-ing, amp in the room, tight lows for my 6/7 stringer with balls, looks of a traditional guitarcabinet, 160 watt per box. tilted baffle, linking possible.

So now 320 watt per side into 4 Ohms and no fear of blowing the speakers.

Loving it :thumbup:

BTW: Changed the jack in/ link of the cabs to speakon/jack ins on a metal harness.
    Music: Prog Rock/Metal
    Waiting for 3U KPA

Edited 2 times, last by DADA ().

• Liulului

No no. As you can read I use the 5 band PEQ in the Ultra. I do not have the KPA yet because I am waiting for the 3U version. I hope the KPA has a PEQ block which you can put before the out. At least I hope so!

• Liulului

No no. As you can read I use the 5 band PEQ in the Ultra. I do not have the KPA yet because I am waiting for the 3U version. I hope the KPA has a PEQ block which you can put before the out. At least I hope so!

Sorry DADA, didnt noticed that "Ultra"!
    Have you some accurate info abou that 3U KPA -I think everybody is uncertain about that here... :?: :?: :?:
    KPA has allready basic eq for outputs -I also wish that PEQ block would be there!

• There is no official info about the 3U version. Few months back the rumours were more stronger.. And if the 3U is still in development please make a PEQ before out possible. Not in a hurry cause I really like my setup as it is.

Do not underestimate the importance of a good amp and drivers. Here the GT800FX and IRT212 combi really shines. At least for the music I like to play with my ears 8o

• Helpfull as always. Thanks.

I would like, before making the switch, to know if the following is or would be possible.
    Studio EQ just before one of the both outputs. In this way one can achieve an non EQ'd signal on the first out (to FOH) and a Studio EQ'd signal on the second to amp and cabinet.

Greetings

• Studio Eq is what you're looking for, though it would be before the time based fx

Hi, not exactly ;) : my goal is just get it to OUTPUTS where I can save it depending on what REAL CABS and POWERAMP Im using -and really hi-pass filter so I can choose EXACTLY where is that frequency point.
    Then no need to any eq:s between KPA and poweramp :thumbup: