MIDI Programming Performances

• I'm technologically challenged. I'm hoping some one can explain in a basic way how the process off MIDI Programming Performances works,,,

I want to program my bands set list into my Kemper, so I don't have to do the pedal dance the entire show.

So, I know I will need to use my laptop with The Rig Manager and a DAW. Correct? I see that a lot of people use Abelton Live, I'm more familiar with Studio One 5, will this work as well?

My main question is after the set list is programmed will I still need to have my laptop and DAW plugged in during the show, or will the Kemper save all the MIDI info internally?

I will be using the MIDI Clock from my drummers Roland SPDX to control the Kemper via wifi.

I will greatly appreciate any advice or guidance.

• Hi,

you have to send midi commands to kemper, the kemper has stored performances and rigs you uploaded (and of course some pre loaded)

so you have to

1.)switch to the currently needed performance

2.)change the rig of the performance

You have to take a look at the midi manual it is not complicated.

As far as i know you can't program the kemper, you can send midi messages to do perf. change, rig change etc...

• Such MIDI communication is not related to Rig Manager.

In Performance Mode each of the 625 Slots has its fixed address which can be reached via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB plus program change.

Any device that is able to send MIDI program change commands and is connected to the PROFILER MIDI INPUT via MIDI cbale is able to trigger loading a particular Slot in Performance Mode.

• Such MIDI communication is not related to Rig Manager.

In Performance Mode each of the 625 Slots has its fixed address which can be reached via a combination of MIDI bank select LSB plus program change.

Any device that is able to send MIDI program change commands and is connected to the PROFILER MIDI INPUT via MIDI cbale is able to trigger loading a particular Slot in Performance Mode.

Okay, thanks. So within each individual performance I can program the MIDI to switch to morphed, or lead channels, or different effects... correct?

Do I use the Rig Manager and a DAW for the original programming? Sorry, very confused on the initial programming, and how it all works after being programmed.

• Please read the Main Manual chapter "MIDI" to establish a basic level of understanding. Afterwards we can answer specific questions here, if there should be any.

• I take advantage of this post to ask a related question. I have managed to do midi automation with program changes and with CC for on/off in the stomps.

What I can't do is make program changes from performance number 26, since I don't understand how to do the "bank midi select" that the manual says for the following performances

Can someone explain it to me?

• to begin with you should create a MIDI track in your daw. In the editor you should select the program change option (beginning with this would be the best way to start familiarizing yourself) and then go writing the changes you want at all times, making sure to put the number equivalent to the rig of your kemper.

That would be the beginning or at least how I started. It is not difficult but as they have told you, read the manual first because otherwise it is very difficult to explain it to you