Profile Keeps Changing Into Another...

• Good Morning,

So I had this weird problem with a profile, I'll refer to as Profile A. In building a performance, I already had Profile A copied into a performance slot. I copied a profile from a performance that I bought I'll call Profile B. Somehow, Profile A turned into Profile B but kept the same name. I shut Rig Manager down, went to the original folder that contained the original profile and double clicked it and RM opened but it sounded normal and I could see the original settings. As soon and I drug it into Rig Manager,the settings changed before my eyes and it became Profile B again. I've uninstalled Rig Manager and used Clean My Mac to delete the prefs and cache and such, but have yet to reinstall it. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you

• What you refer to as "profile" is probably a Rig.

It's not clear if you edited the Performance with Rig Manager or the hardware or a mix.

And when you write "copy", what is it exactly? The COPY button of a Head/Rack or the soft function Copy at a Stage? Or the menu via right click in Rig Manager? Or is it really a drag & drop?

You didn't mention software versions involved. In current Rig Manager you can only fill Performance Slots with Rigs, while this Performance is loaded, which requires a PROFILER being connected and in Performance Mode. In this case the destination Performance is displayed at the front panel of the hardware and marked by a headphones icon. Is this the case?

If you switch Slot via foot control former edits get withdrawn. That could explain why the content of a Slot returned to the stored state. You can avoid this by either storing the Performance immediately after the edit or just use front panel buttons like <PAGE> or by being connected with Rig Manager.

Last not least be aware, that Slot Name is not the same as Rig Name. In some scenarios Slot Name follows Rig Name,, in others it doesn't.

Details are in the Main Manual.

• Well I was using Rig Manager, but I did a clean install of RM and that fixed it. I was loading Top Jimi's Catherdral patch from the VH Brown Sound pak into a performance and the settings would change into something else when I loaded it in. It even changed when I loaded it into the local library for profiles. Really weird. I never "fixed" it, I just did the clean. Thanks for replying.