Kemper input not working

• I was playing on stage this morning and my kemper stage stopped working mid-playing.

This was what happened:

- A straight line appeared first in a blink in the middle of the screen, and the sound abruptly cut off. I attempted to resolve the issue by restarting the equipment and clearing the cache (on stage), but nothing worked. So I took it off stage.

- I discovered that there was no input signal coming through. The LED on the input was not flashing, and even in tuner mode, there was no indication of any signal. Despite trying different cables and guitars, the issue persisted. Additionally, the technician noticed an unpleasant odour from the front of the kemper stage.

- I suspected there was a short circuit and blew up the input (is that possible?), but it has been in the board for quite some time.

- I managed to update the kemper to the latest version and even factory reset it, but it still doesn't work.

Considering these circumstances, what could be the possible cause of the issue?

• Maybe check if the effects loop is working. Just enable it and plug it into the designated return. I tried it in mono and plugged into the designated return and it passed signal so it should work. Try the effects loop before and after the stack. Should at least give you an idea of where along the chain it stopped working. Good luck.