Profiling a Darkglass X ultra

• Hi everyone,

maybe this has been discussed before but I wanted to ask if anyone ever tried to Profile a Darkglass X Ultra? I know the Kemper has the Parallel Path - feature but somehow I didn't get as convincing Tones out of it as from the X Ultra. I guess the Problem would be the Multiband Distortion... :/ So far, i couldn't find any X Ultra Profiles in the Exchange or somewhere else. I have a few B7K Ultra Profiles and they are great, but i know it is a different piece of cake with the XU.

• Hi everyone,

maybe this has been discussed before but I wanted to ask if anyone ever tried to Profile a Darkglass X Ultra? I know the Kemper has the Parallel Path - feature but somehow I didn't get as convincing Tones out of it as from the X Ultra. I guess the Problem would be the Multiband Distortion... :/ So far, i couldn't find any X Ultra Profiles in the Exchange or somewhere else. I have a few B7K Ultra Profiles and they are great, but i know it is a different piece of cake with the XU.

No, there is no chance to profile multiband distortion and/or multiband compression. You can only try to profile one band and than try the parallel path for re-creating a tone which comes close to the original. But to be honest I would try to get a nice distorted sound and than add the clean low end with the parallel path. The design of it isn't really made for those super modern studio bass tones where you combine several distortions and cleans with multiband compression and so on and the parallel path only has 2 slots, so EQ + compression and that's it. It would also be nice if you could select the return point of the parallel path individually.

• Then it is like I expected...Thank You for your Help!

To be honest, the Kemper is not my preferred platform for modern metal bass tones but you can get really good tones out of it too. Sometimes it can be nice to just use a guitar amp or to make a special profile out of an amp sim on the computer and than use a bass cabinet in the Kemper. Especially if you go from the plugin side, you can pre-eq everything a bit more before profiling to match with your bass guitar.