Brand new out of the box, hangs at start up :(

• Got the call that my Kemper was in, headed up after work and picked it up. Opened up the box, did a quick look at the book, then hooked it up. Turning the chicken knob to Browser, it starts to boot then the progress bar disappears about 2/3 of the way across and all I see is Get the Latest Software Update. And then it just hangs there. I've tried most of the things on Armin's guide page with no luck. Even copied over the newest firmware to a blank USB stick and tried < + > keys in tuner mode and had the same results.

• How long did you've waited on the first boot before to switch it off? Older FW versions need a good minute to boot. Have you tried holding System button down while booting?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• First boot? 5mins? Tried pretty much everything on Armin's website. Doesn't seem that it changes it's boot when keeping system or < > buttons pressed. I unplugged it for 45mins, powered it up, same thing. It's been stuck on the Get the latest software message for 30mins now. Is their QC so bad that a unit that won't boot actually made it out the door? Then again my nice 30" dell u3011 shipped without any of the capacitive touch buttons working ;)

• Is their QC so bad that a unit that won't boot actually made it out the door?

Could be that it got damaged by the transport... Return it to the dealer for substitution.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Talked to tech support in CO and he agreed that it was faulty. Brought it back to L&M, but they don't have any in stock and no ETA on when more will arrive. Gah! Not a fun way to start a weekend. Guess I'll have to go get a 64oz growler of awesome microbrew IPA to drown my sorrows :|

• I had a similar situation with a black KPA that I purchased from Sweetwater. Plugged it up, turned to "Browse". progress bar started then the unit went completely dead with 3 seconds. Also tried all suggestions and finally was instructed to return the unit. I was bummed but went with a Kemper White which worked like a charm and has continued to function flawlessly. Fortunately I had a friend that owned a KPA and had me play through it prior to my purchase so I was (at least) aware of the unit's capability. It stinks to be the one that gets a bad unit but you will be very pleased when you get your working KPA. Hang in there, good things are in store! :thumbup:

• It does seem strange that two black ones had the issue, but I've had it apart to take a look and they appear to be built real well. You'll love it when you get it, maybe even more than the IPA (one of my favorites lately as well). Sorry to hear of your issues.