Save KPA rig profile as an impulse response

• It would be useful for reamping a dry guitar track to be able to save a KPA rig as an impulse response. When using 'save as' to save a rig there would be the additional option to save as an impulse response. A 'save all rigs as impulse responses' option would be even better. The impulse response files could then be transferred to a computer through the backup procedure and extracted from the KPA back up file using 7-zip. I would find it useful to have the option be able to reamp within the DAW using an impulse response VST plugin. I am assuming that the KPA rig is basically an impulse response for the whole rig, so adding the option to save as impulse response would not be that difficult. I am also assuming that using an impulse response for the complete rig would give the same quality as reamping through the Kemper. Of course I could be wrong on both counts.

• I think I see the flaw in this myself. An impulse response only works well for a unit that makes a constant alteration to the signal. e.g. a cabinet or reverb unit. It would not be a good method for modelling an amp which alters its response according the level of the input signal. If you could model a complete rig with an IR then we would all have been doing that a long time ago and the Kemper would never have been invented!

• I think I see the flaw in this myself. An impulse response only works well for a unit that makes a constant alteration to the signal. e.g. a cabinet or reverb unit. It would not be a good method for modelling an amp which alters its response according the level of the input signal. If you could model a complete rig with an IR then we would all have been doing that a long time ago and the Kemper would never have been invented!

I think you answered your own Q correctly :thumbup: