How to Reamp Kemper USB Method Tutorial (with Reaper and 2 channels).

• This tutorial explains the steps for Kemper USB reamping with 2 channels for Inputs and Outputs. Stage users have a 4 channel option.

First, make sure your USB is connected from the computer to the appropriate port on back of the Kemper unit. Windows recognizes the Kemper automatically as a sound driver. Make sure you select it (under the speaker task tray icon) before proceeding.

Make sure ASIO4all is loaded. I am using Windows WASAPI for ease of this tutorial. Note that the lowest block/sample size I can use without artifacts (pops, clicks) is 128. Yours may vary more or less. Kemper USB only supports 44.1khz rates so far.

Step 1. Create 3 tracks in your DAW (as shown).

1. DI Track (gets Input 1).

2. Guitar Track (mono) (gets Input 2).

3. Reamped Track (gets Input 2).

Click/Drum or other tracks optional.

Open Options Menu and set Rec. Source for DI/Master Mono (as shown). See the section below for recording in Stereo.

Step 2. Arm and Record the initial guitar and DI tracks (as shown). Finish recording and proceed to the next step.

Step 3. Set Initial Reamping/Tweaking Settings. "Solo" the DI track and "Mute" the initial guitar track. Select the Reamping tab in the Options Menu (as shown). You can have Reamp Source set to Master Stereo. You will hear mono guitar with stereo effects (if used) but they will only record/playback in mono in DAW.

Press Play button to Reamp/Tweak prior to recording (as shown). You can freely load different effects and different profiles here to test while the Play button is ON.

Cont'd on next comment section ...........................................................................................................................

• Step 4. Reamping! Arm the Reamped Track and press the Record button (as shown). Note the delay tails from me adding a delay to the reamped track. Remember all effects will be recorded in mono.

When finished with reamp recording and before playback, Change Output Menu back to Amp Recording and Un-"solo" and "Mute" DI Track. Also "Mute" initial guitar track. You can now playback the mix with the reamped track (as shown).

You are also free to playback both the initial track and the reamped track together as merged or pan them left and right and set up a stereo track using a Haas effect/Comb filter Stereo plugin, etc.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 6 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• How to reamp to stereo using 2 channels.

Simply add two tracks for your reamped signal (as shown).

4. Reamped Guitar Left (gets Input 1) and pan it Left.

5. Reamped Guitar Right (gets Input 2) and pan it Right.

Add any Kemper stereo effects as desired to your profile.

Follow Steps 3 and 4 above.

I added a Ping-Pong delay as you can see in the wave tails of the reamped left and right tracks.

Importing a DI Track.

You are free to import a DI track into your DAW and reamp it the same way by following Steps 3 and 4 above. This is very useful when re-tracking and remixing old DAW projects as long as you recorded the DI originally. Simply copy and paste the new reamped tracks back into the old project.

Edited 7 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• the problem was after i downloaded asio4all, the kemper wasn't showing up in the menu. i had to unplug the usb from the kemper and my computer, and then it showed up again.

thanks everyone

• Please. RECORD. It doesn't recognize the KEMPER PROFILER STAGE, I can't record on the Daw Reaper. I followed the settings, as per the information and print above, but my Kemper Stage and the Daw Software Reaper doesn't recognize the Kemper, the Reaper error appears. THANKS

You can try the ASIO4All driver (4th picture in first post above) instead of the WASAPI driver. ASIO4All is free to download and use. You also need to have more than the one track you show to be able to reamp. Re-follow the steps above "exactly" as shown.

• Hello.

Thanks for the feedback.

Solved, I downloaded the driver from Google, (ASIO4All) and installed it.

In (Reaper Preferences) and in (ASIO Settings) I selected Profiler and followed the settings, as stated above, everything worked fine.

It's working perfectly.

Thank you for your return and for your attention.

Thank you very much, I wish you all the best.