USB Audio not working on 10.2 Beta

• Hi. I've had a lot of issues with USB audio and rig manager since USB audio launched. To begin with I could not use rig manager at all with OS 9.0. Eventually I just switched to a different computer where it worked. Not really sure why it worked on one and not the other. Then I saw someone say that their issues with rig manager had been fixed by 10.2. So I updated and my issues with rig manager have also subsided it seems. However now USB audio does not seem to be working. I have my computer's output and input set to the profiler but nothing. The DAW volume in the output section is also turned all the way up. Any ideas? I would really love to be able to use both features... :S

• Maybe give some more information:

Your OS for example and which audio driver you use.

I'm using the profiler with macOS and Garageband and it worked out of the box. Just plugged it in and I saw a new audio device.

• Maybe give some more information:

Your OS for example and which audio driver you use.

I'm using the profiler with macOS and Garageband and it worked out of the box. Just plugged it in and I saw a new audio device.

I’m using Windows 10 and it did work out of the box but rig manager wasn’t working before 10.2. Now that I’ve I’m on 10.2 and rig manager is working, USB audio is not.

• maybe your particular Windows install doesn't cope well with the addition of USB MIDI to the device? (virus scanner?)

you could try to manually remove the device in the device manager of Windows, and replug it.

• maybe your particular Windows install doesn't cope well with the addition of USB MIDI to the device? (virus scanner?)

you could try to manually remove the device in the device manager of Windows, and replug it.

Yeah I've done all of this. All of my hardware works fine. It has only become a problem with the update.

• After public beta upgrade (some 10 days ago), my DAW started to report problems MME device internal error which occurs usually when microphone in privacy settings is not enabled although everything was like it should be. My DAW could not record anything coming from Kemper via USB. I tried to fix it with solution from forums, even downgrade to latest official, spent few days but nothing worked. Also sound from browser (like Firefox, Chrome etc on YouTube) was not present in my headphones, only my guitar.

I'm using Kemper Profiler Stage, PC with Windows 11 and DAW is Adobe Audition.

What helped me in the end was Advanced System Care, after I run it the problem was fixed but I still do not know what was it.

Today I tried again to upgrade to latest beta version. Again similar problem and again similar solution to fix it. Hope it will help someone.

• I had the same problem as you! And I mannaged to solve it (for me at least). I was able to run sound in windows to profiler via usb until yesterday evening I decided to update to 10.2... So it was long night to find a solution.

Here steps that helped me.

1. Install asio4all or suitable asio driver (I have motherboard with realtek so I use asio4all)

2. Install voicemeeter. It's software mixer to rout windows sound to asio

3. set in windows settings output to voicemeeter

4. set in voicemeeter output to asio4all

5. and finally set in asio4All output to profiler

Hope it will help you!

• G String

Closed the thread.