Kemper Remote cable clip

• I'm sure this has cropped up a few times. The remote cable going into the back of the Kemper (the RJ45 end) the clip has broken and cable doesn't hold in place securely in the network port. I played a gig on Friday and it kept falling out switching off the remote and losing signal. It's a common complaint with the unit.

I've seen a mod you can do by British Audio where they move the port and make a new one re-routing the connection making it an ethercon connection (which is the one they use to go into the remote which is far more secure). However the company are based in Nashville (I'm in the UK), and it costs £249 to do the mod.

As a temporary measure I've got a RJclip replacement set, and cut off the plastic part around the RJ4 end to slide it on. It clicks into the port now but I'm worried with the chaotic stage environment someone will kick the cable and it'll break out the port again.

If anyone has the same experience what measures have you taken to secure the RJ45 end into the unit more securely? I'm using the Powered rack version by the way and it sits in a Shallow 4U rack case.

I have thought about getting a mount socket like this:

etherCON Panel Mount RJ45 Socket with Feed Through Connection, 8 pin - Neutrik | CPC (farnell.com)

Then mounting it into a 1U rack panel like this:

1U 19" Rack Panel Punched for 4x XLRs - Pro Signal | CPC (farnell.com)

Then running a short cat 5e into the socket from the network port on the unit and then getting an ethercon connection on both ends cable for the remote and using the socket for the daily unplugging and plugging.

This would protect the port and stop the clip from breaking again?